☣☢ VerBoten ☠ϟ - Elgin Twin Evanaction Build - Big Butt Strikes Again!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call me boring, but I like the vintage cruiser bars. I think with the uniqueness of the frame, fork, seat mount...a set unusual bars may be too much ( just my opinion).
What about a classic set of moon bars, they are sort of a cross between the pacers and the vintage bars with just a gentle swoop.
4271d75e5f69b90466861a8e0f33abaf.jpg

Did I mention that I love this bike so far? [emoji16]
Dang, that Felt rim makes that Kenda look great, LOVE that front view!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Call me boring, but I like the vintage cruiser bars. I think with the uniqueness of the frame, fork, seat mount unusual bars may be to much ( just my opinion).
What about a classic set of moon bars, they are sort of a cross between the pacers and the vintage bars with just a gentle swoop.
4271d75e5f69b90466861a8e0f33abaf.jpg

Did I mention that I love this bike so far? [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Tank, they could look good, but for some reason I have always had a prejudice against cruiser or beach bars. There is a slick looking Elgin Twin that has some moon bars without the grip bends. But I don't think I can get past my prejudice.

Actually moon bars with the ends cut do look pretty neat. But i hear ya on the prejudice, hence why none of mine have them

What's it gunna be King? Screamer bars or vintage bars?

Luke.

Honestly, I don't know what bars it will be at this point Luke. I have burnt myself out on bars right now. I have so much other work to do on this build. Handlebars are being pushed aside right now.

Maybe I'll find one of these at the thrift store and get some big moon bars :p
vintage-porch-furniture-3.jpg

Maybe I'll find one of these at the thrift store and get some big moon bars :p
vintage-porch-furniture-3.jpg
Guy in my neighborhood has two of those chairs for sale in matte black right now....but the shipping to historic Savannah would be atrocious !

Hmmm, looks like someone got a hold of my stingray bars.
d4cd7449-17bf-47ea-b1b1-00d8eb79d615.jpg

At least it isn't a knock off of my frame like he did to GoCruiserGo and Roth though.
Sorry, I know you aren't the guy whos doing it but I wouldn't support him!

I got the apes that are a lot like yours from driveway customs.

I still like the "production" version of the chair bars....swept waaayyy back like the fins on the Flying Machine that they are mounted on! To infinity and beyond!

Since everyone is still talking bars...
Thrift store bars are my #1, I think the skinnier width of them fits the bike better than the "Actual" bars you put on there...
Screamer bars are a Close #2, they just Go with the the curviness of the bike (and I like how they're positioned how they "shouldn't" be)...

Call me boring, but I like the vintage cruiser bars.

I agree. Those other bars would be great on a more plain bike but with that magnificent frame and fork I think the bars really need to be along for the ride rather than a showpiece. I like the classic stem with that too. Whatever you choose though this bike is a home run.

My personal vote is the Screamer bars King, but I would feel bad separating them from the Screamer...

Luke.

Thanks Luke. The Screamer that is for is a future project that is not on the immediate horizon, so no worries.

I agree. Those other bars would be great on a more plain bike but with that magnificent frame and fork I think the bars really need to be along for the ride rather than a showpiece. I like the classic stem with that too. Whatever you choose though this bike is a home run.

Thanks Chad and everyone else for the feedback on the handlebar roulette that I have been playing.

Along the lines of Tank's suggestion, you can see on this Elgin custom has some cool half moon bars.
a0139912_19485592.jpg

I also remembered that I have this old wheelchair sitting around. I may have to take a look at cutting the chrome hand rims in half adding them to the wheel of fortune choices
20110716Photo_38870BAE-BCEF-27FB-6B16-DDB205D3D0F7.jpg

Latest posts

Back