FloCycle - Hawthorne AirFlow

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
Got the FloCycle frame and forks in today.

WP_20150818_10_54_00_Pro.jpg
WP_20150818_10_53_43_Pro.jpg
WP_20150818_10_53_50_Pro.jpg

Sweet! Arm and a leg?

Carl.

Well, it's a long story.
I traded Firewing for a Silver King last year.
Sold the Silver King here to a fellow RRBer
A few weeks later I used part of that money to buy this FloCycle frame from the same RRBer
Circle of life

How many YSD or FSD's ?:D:D

I just remembered that I got the 1953 Columbia 3 Star that I built Firewing with in a trade for just a Columbia Firebolt bugeye tank.
So in FSD$ (Fred Sanford Dollars), I got this frame for $25.

How you gonna build it with one arm , or ride it missing a leg...lol
J/k , shes a beauty cant wait to see it built.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

What's the flat plate in the lower left of the drawing? Does that flex or something? I'm not getting what it's for. Gary
Yes, it's spring steel. Notice that the rear dropouts have pivot bolts also.

What's the flat plate in the lower left of the drawing? Does that flex or something? I'm not getting what it's for. Gary

That is a set of three leaf springs. Also the curved aluminum seat stays have steel rod inside of them so that the whole rear end works like a spring.

Those bikes where only made for 24" wheels right?

They were only made WITH 24" wheels, but 26" wheels do fit fine in them.

There was a Silver King 26X that shared some of the frame design elements, but not the leaf spring. I believe only the 26X and the Hex Tube were the only 26" wheeled aluminum Silver Kings.

26x-3.jpg

Saving this idea for future reference. I may build this frame out like James Dean's Porsche

Porsche-3.jpg

Shucks, that ain't nothing but Flexy 2.0 !! Just wait 'til I go home and tell him he was replaced by some high falootin' aluminium contraption ! :cool:

Latest posts

Back