Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Johnthephotographer

Photographer dude need bike dudes advice

she just started stripping the frame on her other bike. I have a feeling shes going to paint it up and put it back together and see what it looks like. Its a toss up if its going to get sold or if shes going to keep it but I feel like its going to get sold to pay for more goodies for her "good"...
  2. Johnthephotographer

Dont have a picture (GRRRRRR) but I scabbed in a little extra tubing for the old drop out. it doesnt look as pretty as some of yalls better built stuff, but it firmed it up enough for my liking. I might scab in some more later too, but i dont know, it was a lot of work for minimal return, plus...
  3. Johnthephotographer

4th of July

We didnt snap to the thought of joining our parade until last night, and now im sure its too late to do so... :(
  4. Johnthephotographer

rear unsprung/ dual suspension bikes? cRazy

Kinda what im thinking... actually Im thinking it seems like a cool way to turn my buddies bike in to a lowered cruiser...
  5. Johnthephotographer

Photographer guy needs help from you bike guys! Last night I put together a chain long enough to get to get to see how the bike feels.. and its low. I wish I had taken some photos. All the neighbors were interested in it and all took it for a spin some more graceful than others. Its not your...
  6. Johnthephotographer

Thrift Stores

same problem here, nothing is ever good. When my mom lived in Virginia though, they were chock full of goodies
  7. Johnthephotographer

HOW TO LOWER YOUR DIECAST

crap... dont you dare give me any more hobbies~
  8. Johnthephotographer

Rat Rod Furniture / Home Decor

We have a few things here and there... vintage crap all over. I did build a lamp out of a distributor cap, and some photos in the living room... one is an old coupe shot to bits, one is a big48 inch canvas of an old ford that I did, and then another old pickup. Currently I am trying to find...
  9. Johnthephotographer

Tubing sizes

I had no idea you could get that so cheap :shock:
  10. Johnthephotographer

Re: Photographer turned bike put-er together guy? Ok, after days of crawfishin' around trying to figure out what in the world I was going to do... I couldn't decide on just whacking apart another bike so I could ride this one, or hack this one up and hope for the best.. blah blah... So I opted...
  11. Johnthephotographer

Re: Photographer turned bike put-er together guy? Not sure if this idea is good or not so I figured I would hunt yalls opinion... I want to stretch out the back of the bike and I have been toying with idea after idea to do it. I came up with this idea... [/url] I was thinking if i cut off the...
  12. Johnthephotographer

Re: Photographer turned bike put-er together guy? Thanks! Ive been searching and searching... and I keep coming up short. I have seen some ideas for new dropouts and thats what I was thinking of doing since it seems the easiest. I am thinking that I want to hack the girls bike up to pieces...
  13. Johnthephotographer

Re: Photographer turned bike put-er together guy? some piccies for your viewing pleasure. Took the munchkin to the park for our first ride. my ridiculously over engineered bracket for the trailer. But hey! I saved 10 bucks! and my sears bike that will be donating its fenders and seat and...
  14. Johnthephotographer

Kids trike build off

My wife just snagged 2 trikes from someone's garbage this morning. If they are useable I'd be game for this since my daughter is still of proper size
  15. Johnthephotographer

Re: Photographer turned bike put-er together guy? And more great work! Awesome!!
  16. Johnthephotographer

Re: Photographer turned bike put-er together guy? I slapped it all together Saturday and took it for a spin after I made a bracket to hook up the little kiddo trailer. The ride is... Interesting to say the least. I bought an old sears and Roebuck women's cruiser for the fenders, ad I hated...
  17. Johnthephotographer

Re: Photographer turned bike put-er together guy? Looks like there are at least 3 of us. http://www.stevensgregory.com Your work is stunning. Wow!
  18. Johnthephotographer

So like most well adjusted humans I have been riding bikes on and off for as long as I can remember. I sold off my standard issue MTB and thought HEY! A beach cruiser would be cool, I don't do anything but cruise around the neighborhood anymore anyway.. so I bought this... Cruiser build by...
  19. Johnthephotographer

MiniPixieRay (Out Riding Around)

Re: MiniPixieRay (Lacing up a 3 speed hub) OH... duh John... :oops: Thanks!
  20. Johnthephotographer

Need advice for removing seatpost shim/adapter

Wonder if you could have an attachment for a slide hammer that could fit down there...
Back