Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. P

54 Spitfire?

Pretty sure I found that link last time I was messing with the bike, but I don't remember seeing writing on it so I'll have to make sure it's the right one. And I've used ATF to unstick a lifter in my old Toyota, but I didn't even think about it here. But yeah the chain is rusted pretty good. I...
  2. P

54 Spitfire?

I’m really appreciating the help y’all are giving out. You can't see it from the picture, but the bike does have a kickstand. I'll have to do some more digging for original color, and dates on the tubes and rear hub. Here’s another picture where you can see the kickstand. Also, any advice on...
  3. P

54 Spitfire?

Unfortunately there’s no other numbers on the bike. Was just hoping someone would be able to nail it down by looks. I hate that it doesn’t have the numbers though, because I’d love to know more specifics about it. Is it possible it was never stamped and sold directly to a rental company without...
  4. P

54 Spitfire?

Hey all, was looking for some help identifying this bike I got a while back. From the research I've done(looking at old catalogs) the closest thing I can find is a 54 Spitfire, but I have a weird serial number serial situation. Only numbers I can find are on the bottom bracket, but those don't...
  5. P

New guy from TX, also need help with bike ID

I don't remember seeing one, but I don't think I looked to hard either. I'll check it out tomorrow during the day, and if nothing's there I'll pull the crank and see if there's anything there.
  6. P

Thanks :) Dang, goo to hear! Any idea on the year or what model? I've been doing some digging but haven't found anything solid yet, other than it looks to be a hornet(?) and the numbers are on the crank(the only ones I've seen so far) so it's 48-52 right?
  7. P

What's up gals and gents? My name's Brett and I've been lurking for a while, now I finally joined up. Still learning, but having fun. Right now I have two Schwinns , one lowrider kinda and one in progrss. And one Sears project I picked up for cheap. I just picked up a new(lol) bike yesterday...
Back