New guy from TX, also need help with bike ID

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up gals and gents? My name's Brett and I've been lurking for a while, now I finally joined up. Still learning, but having fun. Right now I have two Schwinns , one lowrider kinda and one in progrss. And one Sears project I picked up for cheap. I just picked up a new(lol) bike yesterday, but I don't really know what it is(looks like a Schwinn?), so any help on that is appreciated. Anyway, looking forward to reading more stuff and seeing more cools bikes. Got pictures of my piles down here:

Y17QOajl.jpg

2jvvEx5l.jpg

hbcQYlvl.jpg

The new one:
6bEJdXol.jpg

oLj626ml.jpg

RHvG1JHl.jpg

uQ7bMMEl.jpg

Chips_Mahoy said:
Welcome! That's a nice group!

deorman said:
A Schwinn for sure, and a desirably uncommon one at that. 8)

Dang, goo to hear! Any idea on the year or what model? I've been doing some digging but haven't found anything solid yet, other than it looks to be a hornet(?) and the numbers are on the crank(the only ones I've seen so far) so it's 48-52 right?

I'd take the Crank out and check for a date on it. I've never seen the BB stamped like that before. Are you sure there is nothing on the Left rear dropout?

RatSphinx said:
I'd take the Crank out and check for a date on it. I've never seen the BB stamped like that before. Are you sure there is nothing on the Left rear dropout?

I don't remember seeing one, but I don't think I looked to hard either. I'll check it out tomorrow during the day, and if nothing's there I'll pull the crank and see if there's anything there.

Back