Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. JesseA421

Correct crank for 20" starjet deluxe?

will make a couple washers today and space it out, thanks guys.
  2. JesseA421

Correct crank for 20" starjet deluxe?

Putting this together today, I'm not sure if this crank is even for a 20", as the leg length is like an inch shorter than another bike I measured. The chain guard is in the right spot but I'd have to grind 3/4 of the way into this crank to get it to clear the chain guard. Does anyone maybe have...
  3. JesseA421

girls 20" fixer upper

wtb to fix up. pm me if u have something to let go of. thanks.
  4. JesseA421

Powder Coat vs Paint

have a look at some of the 2 steps and 3 steps in the gallery, the sky is the limit with the combinations, and the depth of some of them are immense. https://www.prismaticpowders.com/
  5. JesseA421

Cheap and effective way to remove powder coating?

powdercoat is melted polyester. u can burn it off, then simply clean the burnt dust residue off. but like alot of others have said, powdercoat makes a great base for paint. i would just use it as a primer for your paint job.
  6. JesseA421

show us your chick bikes heres mine

started as this ended up as this
  7. JesseA421

Alternative De-rusting Agent?

does the sterosol remove chrome/nickel plating also? or just the rust
  8. JesseA421

HE'S AT IT AGAIN...

whats the story?
  9. JesseA421

amf star chainwheel

how much are the late 50s/ early 60s chainwheels worth? debating on selling the one i have.
  10. JesseA421

Should be an easy one for you guys

Got all this for free today. Going to strip and fix it up for the wife. i tried manually looking up the serial number and it came back to something like a 1948 columbia, but after looking at pictures that is clearly not right. any help would be greatly appreciated.
  11. JesseA421

just built this, anyone have information on it?

what do you mean lol?
  12. JesseA421

thanks for the info! i got this off a good friend and gave him back the fenders since i was not planning on using them. good to know about the sprocket. i tried to true the wheels myself after reassembling after paint and i ended up with a slightly out of round but straight wheel. what do i do now?
  13. JesseA421

greetings, i have been lurking for a while, loving the site. just picked up this rollfast recently, guy said it was a mid 60s, was he right in his assumption? also not sure about the crank/front sprocket he said it is from something older. here is a before and after, i had alot of fun doing...
Back