just built this, anyone have information on it?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
greetings, i have been lurking for a while, loving the site.
just picked up this rollfast recently, guy said it was a mid 60s, was he right in his assumption? also not sure about the crank/front sprocket he said it is from something older. here is a before and after, i had alot of fun doing this. normally i would do powdercoat, but was going the budget route so i just sandblasted and painted. my gripes with this taiwan front end are it does not come with a spacer for the headtube at the top, and no flat surface for the crown race to sit. i have access to a mill/lathe so i plan on just making a short little sleeve to put below so the race can sit straight.

bikebefore.jpeg

IMG_20160826_170704.jpg

Nice job on the bike! It's a 60's Rollfast frame, with an early 60's AMF Roadmaster star chain wheel. Those are sought after. It had AMF peaked fenders on it also. The red band bendix coaster brake is looking good too.

thanks for the info! i got this off a good friend and gave him back the fenders since i was not planning on using them. good to know about the sprocket. i tried to true the wheels myself after reassembling after paint and i ended up with a slightly out of round but straight wheel. what do i do now?

thanks for the info! i got this off a good friend and gave him back the fenders since i was not planning on using them. good to know about the sprocket. i tried to true the wheels myself after reassembling after paint and i ended up with a slightly out of round but straight wheel. what do i do now?
Truing wheels takes some practice. I always could get them lined up but then they would be out of round, and vice versa. I can have mine trued over here for a couple dollars, but back in the states I think a shop will charge about 12-15 bucks. Your wheels look good so they might be worth the cost to have them trued up at a bike shop.

Back