Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Twisted Root

Surface rust removal

Hey all, my '58 Spitfire has been in the carport for too long. There's light surface rust on the frame (on the paint). What's the best way to remove this without putting the remaining paint in jeopardy? And once it's clean, what can I coat it with (car wax?) to keep it from re-rusting?
  2. Twisted Root

M3 final derivation (deviation?)

So here it is... Not where I expected, but very successful in many of the goals I had set forth. The biggest change of plans was to keep the original paint. I know that many on this list are used to seeing old bikes, and thus are comfortable with strong mods, and creative changes. But as I hit...
  3. Twisted Root

M3 (M-cubed) Rolling Chassis

I started the pile of parts last year, but nothing has been assembled...only disassembly so far, I assume that's a fair place from which to begin the Build-off. Frame is a '58 Schwinn spitfire. Part of me feels bad about my plans for a paint job; I have so much respect for the "current state"...
  4. Twisted Root

Stock chainring size?

Hi all, What is the number of teeth on a stock chain-ring for a 26-inch Schwinn cruiser (non skip tooth)? It seems like lots of aftermarket chainrings only go up to 44t, but I think those might be for BMX (IE 20 in wheels). I want the ring to fill the chain-guard visually, and I want a stock...
  5. Twisted Root

24 x 3 tires Nirve & Electra, real measured numbers,

Hi All, So in my obsession with design, I'm stuck on my intention to try 24 x 3 tire on my Schwinn Spitfire. From the talk on this list, I knew that actual measured dims were different (less) than the spec'd numbers in some cases. In order not to have to pay for the wheel build (I want a 3-speed...
Back