◘◘◘◘◘ \/\/estern ƒlyer Šuper ◘◘◘◘◘ first post-BO mod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ◘◘◘◘◘ \/\/estern ƒlyer Šuper ◘◘◘◘◘

Cool, thanks guys.

And I got these great rat trap pedals in the mail yesterday. Look crappy, but are smooth as buttah

a9esahy6.jpg

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Brian I'm typically not a fan of clamps holding tank plates either, but under the right circumstances they can be ok. My louver bikes are done in the manner you mentioned.

I decided not to finish the edges of the perforated metal. It's a rat after all. I used some leather pedal straps from my racing days in the early 80s, and I think I like it. There are two small screws through each strap holding the plate quite well.

It reminds me of hood straps on a vintage car:

ese5urur.jpg

BRILLIANT!!!!! That is perfect right there!
You could always do the number with Lite Brite pegs. :p :p :mrgreen:
lite-brite.jpg

LOL that would be epic

great idea with the straps! Love it. 8)

Lite Brite pegs ..WOW the ideas that made me think off ... :D Now I have to find me a Lite brite .. :mrgreen:

The wood tank was passed through 3 people before I got the tank The person who started the tank passed away I was told before finishing the tank.. It was very raw .. But started very well.( There is a brass plumbing pipe holder over the top to hold the center piece on ) I can fairly take credit for at least half of the tanks ideas & work. The tank is 3 pieces. There is a center piece & two sides that attach from threaded stems with brass acorn nuts on each side..(that I added) plus I added the 30 leds to the side pipes & a lot of finish sanding & prepping to get it right)..

Good luck with your tank & build... :D

Great idea on the tank, looks cool! 8)

Thanks y'all for the kind words.

BPB (Big Pants Bob) fixed my fork tonight. I broke the headlight bracket. I bent up a new one that will work better with the Mustang fog light and he welded it on:

uhusune5.jpg

Re: ◘◘◘◘◘ \/\/estern ƒlyer Šuper ◘◘◘◘◘ FORK FIXED

L@@KING G@@D!

Re: ◘◘◘◘◘ \/\/estern ƒlyer Šuper ◘◘◘◘◘ FORK FIXED

It's a rider.
uqemusu4.jpg

Springs are way too soft though. Not sure what to do about it. Live with it or replace them with pipe, making it a rigid.

Too late to order replacement springs like I did for my Monark.

Re: ◘◘◘◘◘ \/\/estern ƒlyer Šuper ◘◘◘◘◘ IT'S A RIDER

That's looking sweet!!!
Why don't you cut some small sections of pipe or use washers to act as spacers to preload the springs.

that's a good idea Brian. I'll try that.

Wow, that looks really cool, Ian! :D When am I gonna be able to take a spin on this? :lol:

Anytime Nick, anytime.

...AND you gotta try the Monark I built against Skip last year. ya, the loser bike, haha. Still though, you'll like it. Rides nice.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Anytime Nick, anytime.

...AND you gotta try the Monark I built against Skip last year. ya, the loser bike, haha. Still though, you'll like it. Rides nice.

Sounds good! :D We need to hook up for a ride sometime. :wink: You need to try riding my Felt El Guapo...rides like a dream 8)

I've also got the Young American that you never seen :D

I def want to ride that Felt. Let's do a trail ride sometime.

Thanks tvc!

Made the new springs fit (bought from Century Spring) by making new bushings. The new springs are a little taller, so I needed bushings with no shoulder.

ne8egy6y.jpg

na2evupa.jpg

tazequna.jpg

upyhazyb.jpg

It still pogos a bit, but it's better.

All that's left to do is convert sealed beam '67 Mustang fog light to LED.

Latest posts

Back