1976 YAMAHA MOTO BIKE PROJECT (FAT GUY PHOTO & VIDEO)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kingfish254 said:
aka_locojoe said:
There's one for sale at a local pawn shop. I didn't notice what they were asking for it.

IMG_1653.JPG

Dang!!!! I need to find that pawn shop!!!!

Woah! Nice one. It is a b-series with the cottered cranks. Looks to be missing the chainguard, but that appears to be an original banana seat. A HUGE plus. What ever he is asking, keep in mind I saw one sell for over $800 and another over $600 on fleabay over the last few months! This looks like it has the original Araya rims and possible OG tires too. A pretty startling find.

Check out what he is asking and report back!

I don't know what he was wanting, but he took $140 for the Yamaha and a Purple Ross that is not pictured. Pics will be later!!!

Rat Rod said:
Wow....big jon snakes em out from under Randy. :?

wow. really?!? I just met Randy recently at a local bike event. We rode for a while together. He really knows Wichita. Really cool guy. He's part of a local club that I want my family and me to be a part of.

I think your comment is a little "off"

-John

I was under the impression that Randy was going to look at the bikes again to get the pricing.

It just gives the appearance that you saw his post and took advantage of the deal.

Maybe Randy could care less and he probably doesn't so no worries there John....you just scored a heck of a deal on those two bikes.

Hey, and if you two are best buds...even better. :wink:

Oh no nothing like that at all.
I didn't check on the prices on those when I was there. I was mostly just curious what that Eliminator was going for and that's the only one I priced. Even at half price the Eliminator would be more than I'd ever pay for a bike.
Now had I inquired and known what a deal the others were I might have taken more interest :shock:

I was going to try and get back by for prices for everyone elses benefit. That one post I made generated more PM's then I think I've ever received.

Sorry to steer your post off in this direction Steve.

aka_locojoe said:
That one post I made generated more PM's then I think I've ever received.

Ha Ha...that's because you had $600 - $700 Yamaha sitting there. :lol:

Glad to know yall are friends then....way to go John for the score of the year. :wink:

I think it went to a good home.
You know I really love 20" bikes like these muscle bikes and the early bmx. I just don't ride them enough and no storage space so I may stop and look yet try to keep my distance so I'm not tempted if you know what I mean. Generally tell myself "you know they're probably asking way too much".

Thanks Randy! And all of you other well wishers. Any of you are welcome to ride the Yamaha (as long as Masen agrees)
masensyamaha.jpg

Here is Rhett's Kawi that he saved for, sought out, and paid my gas money to go get.
rhettskawi.jpg

And last but not least is Sherri's NEW Ross Barracuda GT. This thing is showroom clean!
sherrisbarracuda.jpg

Steve, looks like I'll be needing some advice on some shock repair.

-john

Fisch, the Yamaha is a real cow compared to the Kawasaki. To the defense of the Yamaha, the Kaw doesn't have the original heavy duty tires and wheels.
John

aka_locojoe said:
I think it went to a good home.
You know I really love 20" bikes like these muscle bikes and the early bmx. I just don't ride them enough and no storage space so I may stop and look yet try to keep my distance so I'm not tempted if you know what I mean. Generally tell myself "you know they're probably asking way too much".
You can always keep them in my garage. I'll take good care of them :roll:

Latest posts

Back