2010 SKULL SKATES CRUISER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 2010 SKULL SKATES CRUISER - NEW TIRES!!

MAYBE A LUCKY 7 SCHWINN, OR A SWEET HART SPOCKET OR A STARFISH HUFFY! WHAT ! WHAT ! :D

Unfortunately there isn't a big selection of 26" gumwall tires out there in the 1.95 size...actually, there are almost none!

Due to my local...the big city, I don't due much off road riding. I live about 30 yards from a paved bike path, which is where I do must of my cruising.

I wish I could say that at 39 I was at the skate park jumping ramps or bombing down mountains, but the reality is, I spend 8 hours a day parked at a desk for the past 13 years and I have a $6000 deductible on my medical insurance...ha ha! :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :shock:

Too bad your $600.00 1-spd came with such a load of crap components, that you have to change them all. :lol: Maybe you should have gone with the OP. :p Just funnin' you. For me, swapping parts and tuning is as much fun as riding, but current reality limits me to old timer/cheap/outdated midgrade stuff. That's OK though, 'cause that's what I like. :wink: Just be careful what kind of seat post you try, or you'll be selling it the day it's finished. :mrgreen:

You're right, IF I had paid $600 for it, I probably wouldn't be swapping out parts. :wink:

cman said:
I like the gumwall look but the tread doesnt' look quit right to me.

I'll second this opinion

I understand the reasoning for a smoother tread, but those are just hitting me the wrong way.

Love the bike overall though!

The gumwalls don't roll as fast and true as the Kendas did so I may end up throwing them back on there.

Not crazy about the Comp III tread.

They have a tendency to loosen all of your teeth when riding in pavement. :?

I need to come up with another solution for the front brake...the cable routing isn't working here.

Forces me to have the stem rasied way up. Looks like it may be time for V-brakes. :mrgreen:

DSC_0003-2.jpg

May have to dig through my junk box first to see if I have one.

If not I may be hitting you up for one. :wink:

I've got a Shimano right here, but if I shuffle through a couple of buckets, I'm pretty sure I'll come up with a nicer Dia-Comp or similar. Shoot me an address if you don't find one, and I'll mail you one.

Diacompe is the one I had to use on my road bike with canti's. or one like that came on the Moto 7's with the elbow.

0213001538a.jpg

Steve You could drill the stem you have to accept the brake cable just like the adj. one shown

Latest posts

Back