2010 SKULL SKATES CRUISER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 2010 SKULL SKATES 26" CRUISER

The bike is styled after old school bmx cruisers and as such cable guides are considered kook style. The gearing is mid range leaning to low, with a 44T chainwheel and an 18T freewheel. Thanks for the comments and interest! =pd= skull skates

flowdart said:
The bike is styled after old school bmx cruisers and as such cable guides are considered kook style. The gearing is mid range leaning to low, with a 44T chainwheel and an 18T freewheel. Thanks for the comments and interest! =pd= skull skates
Yeah no problem...I love the skull skates logo on the seat stays! Glad to see a company working hard on getting cool bikes on and off the road again! :D

Test rode the bike this evening with the fixed cog....not for me..ha ha! :lol:

Threw the freewheel on there that P.D. sent along with it and went bombing around the neighborhood.

This thing really cooks. The gearing on it his a little heavy on take off, but once you get going you really FLY!

I can tell you one thing...if you ride this bad boy every day, you won't be fat...LOL! :lol:

Gonna have fun riding this sweet machine. :mrgreen:

Got mine and also threw the freewheel on. I love this bike. I thought the cable ties were part of the whole 26 BMX look- so glad PD confirmed that! My only mod was changing out the pedals to NOS silver Tioga platforms.

Rat Rod is right - this bike flies!

I want to take that bike to the local skate park sooo bad! (and at 51 that's pretty much how i'd ride-sooo bad! :) )

I want one.

After seeing this thread, I took my kid's BMX Mongoose out and tried jumping it. I was all pretending I was riding the skull skates cruiser. I wrecked my knee pretty bad upon landing. Thanks Rat Rod. You're a bad influence. :D

Social Reject said:
I want one.

After seeing this thread, I took my kid's BMX Mongoose out and tried jumping it. I was all pretending I was riding the skull skates cruiser. I wrecked my knee pretty bad upon landing. Thanks Rat Rod. You're a bad influence. :D

Ha Ha...yeah, buy the real thing.

I don't know how old you are, but me being 39 now, I've had to come to grips with the reality that I'm not a stunt man anymore. :mrgreen:

Bombing and carving hills at high speeds...would highly recommend this as an alternative to smashing knees, I'm 47 and i actually wrote off a skull skates prototype frameset recently. I launched a nice jump in the trails at the end of the block without eyeing the landing first, went high speed into a drainage ditch and completely folded both the frame and fork. Got pitched over the bars into the gravel with a bruise on each knee where i tagged the grips. My buddy was nice enough to delay his a maniacal laughter a few seconds until he was sure i wasn't hurt...took the frameset to my builder to see if he could fix it, wherein he began to laugh maniacally. GOOD TIMES!!!

flowdart said:
My buddy was nice enough to delay his a maniacal laughter a few seconds until he was sure i wasn't hurt...took the frameset to my builder to see if he could fix it, wherein he began to laugh maniacally. GOOD TIMES!!!
That is the best kinda of friend right there :wink: Keep those kinds of guys around you and life will always be good!
p.s. bummer about the smashed up frame! :cry:

I just received mine the other day but I haven't had time to put it together. I thought it was pretty funny that it has a fixed cog on it. I'll see if I can learn to ride it backwards :mrgreen: ...

Re: 2010 SKULL SKATES CRUISER - NEW TIRES!!

Taking it old school!

Stay tuned for stem and crank changes. :wink:

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_0016-1.jpg

DSC_0017-1.jpg
'

DSC_0008-1.jpg

A little eye candy for you folks with the big screens... ;)

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m130/ratrodbikes/Skul Skates Cruiser/DSC_0002.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m130/ratrodbikes/Skul Skates Cruiser/DSC_0004.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m130/ratrodbikes/Skul Skates Cruiser/DSC_0011.jpg

SWEET! Way to make it yours!
I ordered the same grips a few days ago ... :D
Glad to see they are going to look great on my "Gilly" build :D

old school look ! but has the new school ride :D the "new" tires and grips are AWSOME!

I really do love that bike and the bmx cruiser style buuuuut, I'm just not getting the gumwalls. I never really liked them and they'd be the first thing I trashed although for a restored look I can totally appreciate them. Just my 2 cents...Canadian of coarse :wink:

Ha Ha...you sound like my friend at the bike shop....I ask for gumwalls and he scratches his head.

It's definitely an old school nostalgia deal for those of us who were alive and kicking in the early 80s.

I guess you either like em or ya don't. :wink:

HotRodRob said:
I really do love that bike and the bmx cruiser style buuuuut, I'm just not getting the gumwalls. I never really liked them and they'd be the first thing I trashed although for a restored look I can totally appreciate them. Just my 2 cents...Canadian of coarse :wink:
THE GUMWALLS i think set the bike off of it's on! thats my 2 cents from a TEXAS point of view :D

Latest posts

Back