Bicycle Christmas Ornaments

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garagegoon said:
I don't know how happy the wife is gonna be today when she comes home to find that the angel is being replaced this year... my
bike-aholism already drives her nuts....

001-4.jpg

002-3.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL YOU RAT RODDERS
OOOOOOOOH!!!!! 8) 8)
I Like That!!! Next year I may try it with this Christmas colored one!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
100_0253.jpg

It did get to stay and now i have added a tail light in the middle to give it a more finnished look... She just chuckled and said its too funny that i try to make everything about bikes... :D

If he'd spin that fork around backwards he could work with Goofy at Walmart! :mrgreen:
Cool ornament, Donald was always my favorite, cool, calm and collected...NOT!

aka_locojoe said:
racedoug33 nice stuff you make. I can't imagine sawing something that detailed without it breaking.

Dave That's really cool. Let us know if it gets to stay.

Got this in the mail today. It's a 2008 Hallmark ornament titled "Oh What Fun!" and is Donald Duck attempting to assemble a bicycle. Note the handlebars and seat are flip flopped.
2010_xmas_ornament_donald-1.jpg

2010_xmas_ornament_donald-2.jpg

Cheers!
Dr. T

Cool ornaments guys!

Mitch: You are always welcome in the dog house at my house. Seems like I spend a lot of time there lately! :lol: :lol:

I have made these before, but these ones will be donated to the Boise Bicycle Project so they can sell. Some parts are from there and some from my stash. I plan on making more if these sell.

IMAG0843-2.jpg

from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Here are some Chain Stars. I still need to put a ribbon on or something to hang them with. I made 17 of these for present toppers.

IMG_20121202_204835.jpg

I made a few more of the Reindeer to take down to the BBP.

IMG_20121202_211638.jpg

aka_locojoe said:
Chain Stars are neat. Never seen them before.
They are not my idea. My wife found a picture online and told me to make some . Who am I to argue about playing with bike parts. :wink:

Chain Star Recipe.
1. Find a nice clean chain or make it clean.
2. Cut 5 full links and reconnect into a circle.
3. Slightly tighten every other pin.
4. Star forming the star by pulling those tighten pins into the center.
5. After you have finished forming the star, slighty tighten the pins on the points.
6. Paint if you want.

Rat Rod said:
I see an Etsy page in your future. :wink:
Hahaha. SurlyGirl has the Etsy market cornered, I already looked. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just Kidding. I like making them, they are easy and my wife told me to make them. How often does you wife tell you it is okay to play with bikes. Plus less gifts that I have to buy.

Latest posts

Back