Dyno MOTO 7

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I had lusted after a Moto7 since Ratrod had his. I even tried trading for a old school Redline that Steve was interested. I now have this and really like it. It is a mountain bike geometry in a classic cruiser styling. The top tube passing through the seat tube reminds me of a Columbia. The rear dropouts remind of a CWC.

I was not going to buy this bike from the For Sale section, then Ratrod asked me about it and got me thinking again. The bike was in Seattle so shipping can kill a deal but my brother decided to drive down to Boise for Christmas.

It needs a general tune up so the brakes and shifting work but looks to be in good condition. The 2" thick gel seat is coming off in favor of a Brooks Professional. The Chainguard will be coming off and I may put some kind of slick tire on for street stomping.

1227091022.jpg

1227091023.jpg

1227091025a.jpg

1227091025b.jpg

1227091022a.jpg

1227091024.jpg

I wish I could find a pinstriper. The Brooks Pro is now on and mostly tuned up. I may have to remove the decals as that looks great. Also gonna put on a bashguard to keep the pant legs out of the chain. The Skull Skates bars would be cool and maybe be a future upgrade.

I also ended up replacing the original shifter with a twist grip shifter from Niagara Cycle I think....was about $8.

It's a fairly large bike in comparison to most cruiser frames.

Rat Rod said:
I also ended up replacing the original shifter with a twist grip shifter from Niagara Cycle I think....was about $8.

It's a fairly large bike in comparison to most cruiser frames.

I squirted some WD40 in to loosen the gunk but still not working correctly, maybe it is just too cold. I think I have a grip shifter if I do end up replacing it.

Gonna send it your way then..... :wink: Too cold here.[/quote]

Thats fine , just don't be surprised when you get it back that it's 6'' longer than it was when you sent it....You know me. :)

I would like to see some kind of Front shock on it..To me that would be the bomb..even though it's cool right now. :wink:

Probably won't go for the shock or truss bars but good ideas. Keeping this nice and simple.

Brooks Pro mounted up.
Waiting on some new tires and some cool bars :wink:

Hi, I have a Moto 7 and an Enduro 4, both which I purchased used , was wondering if anyone knew the year these were produced, and I also am trying to find out what the original seats look like, when I bought them they had aftermarket replacements on each. a picture would be great. Thanks for any help you can provide.

dyno said:
Hi, I have a Moto 7 and an Enduro 4, both which I purchased used , was wondering if anyone knew the year these were produced, and I also am trying to find out what the original seats look like, when I bought them they had aftermarket replacements on each. a picture would be great. Thanks for any help you can provide.

my enduro is a 1996. 7 spd, front fork is original to bike. original seat was same as on rat rod's bike. i also have the owner's manual that came with the bike.

Back