Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really nice Rat Fink olschbp. Will you tell me the brand and availability on the springer setup. I have a Boney Finger and would love to do the same with mine. I can't find anything compatible. Thanx

alaskairhog said:
Thanks for the info! Your bikes look great! Does anyone know what the width of the stock ghostrider rim is?

The stock Ghostrider / Rat Fink wheels are 1 1/4" wide.

Hellbilly..
P4100004.jpg

P4100007.jpg

P4100003.jpg

Nice Rockabilly!

Anyone know if you can swap out uni-crown forks that are on newer versions of the Straight 8 or Rockabilly with the triple tree forks that are on this Rockabilly? I believe the frames are identical so I assume this will work, but I need confirmation. Thanks!

j_miles said:
d/str 865 is a smooth bike too ride...
my wife's Rosie in the back -minus the front fender (took it off temp.)

DSCF7826.jpg

Well, I cant leave well enough alone so here you go. This bike has been upgraded and changed so many times it's ridiculous. I'm finally realizing that a new project is in order but until then enjoy my beauty. I'm proud of the recent change to the lighting system. I now have the head lights working on one switch and the tail light on the other, all wired inside steel braided vacuum line. No paint on frame or head lights. I included a picture of what was on page 10 of this thread.
P1161181.jpg

P4130136.jpg

P4130137.jpg

P4130138.jpg

P4130139.jpg

P4130140.jpg

P4130141.jpg

P4130142.jpg

P4130143.jpg

I love your setup.....makes me want to ride it to a barbq and listen to some rockabilly.

i must ask though....where did you get the cable coming out of your shifter making that super great bend? im relocating my shifter to the same place and want to make the same bend.

and again.....sweet bike!

irishexpat said:
I love your setup.....makes me want to ride it to a barbq and listen to some rockabilly.

i must ask though....where did you get the cable coming out of your shifter making that super great bend? im relocating my shifter to the same place and want to make the same bend.

and again.....sweet bike!

Thanks, the BBQ is next on the renovation list. I have some pretty cool ideas for it. As far as the shifter cable bend, I got it at my local bike shop. They should have them for you.

Here is My wife's Betty and my Rat Fink, Just started with the mods on mine(80mm on the rear).
IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

gregdenzeeman,
I really like the look of that 80mm rim with the Fatti-O.
I want to do the same to a build of mine. One question, how many mm are there between the fork legs on your bike?

Beautiful Sparker BTW!

Cheers,
Dr. T

thanks Dr Tankenstein i put some rings between fork and hubs, to have 1 mm or less, if my tire is to inflate he touch the fork legs!! i hope my explanation is clear !!
(sorry for my english!!)

Finally getting around to posting pics of my Electras. First one is my fav ride of the moment, the seldom seen 'sand' color Rockabilly Boogy.Couldn't resist a few mods.Switched to a restored prewar seat, Clubman bars, Bendix suicide shifter w/roadrunner knob, and Electra cream diamond grips.
029.jpg

Second is an early matte silver Rat Rod. Added an Electra rear rack, Nirve mini-apes.
web001.jpg

This 3rd one I just picked up. It's the first gen,2002, Flying Sue 1. Previous owner took really good care of this bike. Handlebars have been changed and I have been experimenting with diff. seats.
009-3.jpg

Latest posts

Back