HELP!!!Columbia Kick stand removal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
How do you remove a columbia Kickstand on this old bike. does the cap twist off or what. I would like to remove it to clean it up and straighten it. and Help would be great
181759.jpg
[/url]

It's not too difficult. From the SPROCKET SIDE, remove the cap. There is a pin that goes through the shaft. I don't remember if you have to punch that out or not, but I DON'T think you do. Next, on THE KICKSTAND side remove the small diameter steel ring that goes around the workings. Don't break this as they are difficult to replace. From the SPROCKET SIDE use a short piece of broom handle or the like as a punch and smack the thing out with a hammer. You can do this with the chain guard and sprocket in place, just work through one of the openings in the sprocket. Once you do this, you'll be surprised how easy this task is.

In this picture you can see the ring I referred to. Don't break it! Also, you might want to inspect the little pin you see in this picture. Mine broke, and what you see is the end of a hardened masonary "cut nail"

6020496.jpg

In this picture you can see the pin I referred to in my first post. I pretty sure you don't have to remove it at this time...almost positive. Get a small block of wood or cut off broom handle and a hammer....and SMACK IT!!

3236060.jpg

Hope this helps!

Beautiful bike. Columbia is my favorite manufacturer of bikes, fallowed by Schwinn. Good luck with your project.

Back