honey badger- "tank" and done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: honey badger

aww gee man i think ill give up on my elgin build before i even get started i just dont think i can beat the coolness of this build.

but then again....

i do like a good challenge.

This one is coming along great, but you always do fantastic work anyway.
BTW I have an Astro for a bike hauler too. They are nearly indestructible and just the perfect size.

Re: honey badger- tech tip

ok this tech tip is not for the grey beards, or grey hairs, or no hairs :shock:
this is for the young'uns that aint figured this out yet.
i'm workin on the rockers for my bike and heres kinda how i did it.
makin a mount or bracket is easy enough, but sometimes you have to make 2 of them that are exactly alike. well when that's the case do it this way. this will work for any shape steel-triangle,oval,parallelagram, whatever.
IMG_45241.jpg

this is just strap steel.
IMG_45251.jpg

drill and bolt the 2 pieces together
IMG_45261.jpg

mark and drill the holes. now theyre all lined up.
IMG_45311.jpg

trim down the exess. you mite have to move the orig clamping bolts to the new bolt holes, but i guess ya figured that out by now
IMG_45361.jpg

now i got 2 matchin parts.
IMG_45381.jpg

now i need a little more shaping and finer sanding, but i think thisll work :wink:
if this helped 1 young guy or gal than my work is done. :lol:

i love that color.. and the pitted look to the frame too.. this one sick elgin fo-sho!!

beatcad said:
i guess it wasnt to hard to imagine where those seat springs were goin.
000_0019-2.jpg

000_0021-1.jpg

gonna make my own rockers. allthough they may not "rock".
when i originally mocked this up those springs are super stiff and really had little "spring"
so i will probably just bolt it in solid instead of using rocker nuts.
i'm also gonna change the configuration of the rockers to a motorcycle springer style.
keep the fulcrum the same but switch the effort and resistance. isnt science fun! :lol:
i'm gonna move the axle in front of the front leg.

Genius,pure genius!!--Nuff said

That springer is wicked!!!

so in a spaced out momentary lapse of mindlessness you sat there looking immensely at those seat springs and poof!* :idea: the idea filled your mind with a cool thought that you just had to make a reality and so there it is in all its reality - a custom springer . :lol:

i love the colour and the fork is far out i can't wait see where you go next.....

rockers installed(looslely). besides puttin the wheel 1 1/2" forward it'll also lower the bike by maybe an inc in the front.
that's partly why i cut the fender/headlight mount extension off the fork. cause i didnt know if it would rub. also to look cool 8)
just for fun heres a pic of a stock rocker setup for comparison.
000_0012.jpg

000_0005-17.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Great build so far :D Diggin' the front end :mrgreen:

the car is a valiant (69 i believe) it's my neighbors. its pretty handy to have another car&motorcycle guy next door.

i told myself i wouldnt put white walls on a bike for awhile because i've done that on maybe 5 bikes allready and i like to switch thing up.
well a pal of mite brought me a pair the other nite, and theyre just so cool i gotta use 'em.
one is a balloon brick pattern, but the other is a slick. fresh from smoopys!
yeah, i gotta run these.
IMG_45541.jpg

than sun another friend and i went to meet a guy that had a bunch of motorcycles & parts.
he had exactly what i wanted brand new. a 7/8 drag bar
yup. more motorcycle parts on this bike
IMG_45531.jpg

Latest posts

Back