honey badger- "tank" and done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: honey badger- white walls

Nice clean build so far! :D That slick is slick 8)

Re: honey badger- white walls

ok, i wanted to put bar(s) on like the motorcycle i'm biulding
000_0019-3.jpg

of course most harley bars are 1" dia. but most all brit and jap motorbikes are 7/8" like bicycles 8)
7/8 dragbar & dog bones
000_0015-4.jpg

000_0014-3.jpg

hmmm.....to wide. gotta split lanes ya know :p i cut an inch & 1/2 off each end.
000_0018-3.jpg

catch ya'll later.

Re: honey badger- dog bones!

Very cool!
I think you just invented boardtrack apes!!!!

i saw some BELL bow pedals at wally world a few months ago and put 'em in my memory bank to go back to get 'em.
well i kinda forgot until yesterday.
i went to wal*mart and there was only 1 pair left.
the package had been cut open and stapled back together. i didnt care i just wanted some kinda cool & kinda cheap pedals.
they were listed for $9.99
when the lady rung me up they came out to 3 clams :shock: :D
yeah, i think they'll be fine
000_0008-2.jpg

WOW! Great deal on the pedals, they like VERY similar to the ones that Electra sells for $20

From the Electra store:
438323_LG.jpg

Great looking bike, keep it going.

Cheers,
Dr. T

no real progress this weekend. been workin on my motrobike and a pals motorbike.
made a 90* layback seatpost.
it doesnt make to much of a difference. i'll have to mess around w/ it more.
000_0005-18.jpg

000_0007-10.jpg

I love how huge the springs are on those replica saddles!

Re: honey badger- saddle change

i know that hairpin sprung saddle was the genisis of this build, but i really couldnt find a spot to mount it that was comfy.
even w, the 90* post :x
so i dug in my "good" parts pile and yanked this leather sprung saddle i took off a late 40s schwinn.
looks cool and feels better.
i could be done w. this bike in about an hour just to dial in stuff, but i'm still kickin' around the idea of makin' a tank for it. i still got a month, right?
IMG_45941.jpg

IMG_45931.jpg

the other seat went much better with the rest of the bike especially with bhow you made the frontend.
just my opinion .

maybe those certain seats just need wear in time for comfort?

blackchop1 said:
the other seat went much better with the rest of the bike especially with bhow you made the frontend.
just my opinion .

maybe those certain seats just need wear in time for comfort?

I tend to agree. You can always use the big saddle for the BO and then change for comfort afterwards.

Ok first, the 90 degree seatpost has a pretty weld! I need one on my bike.

Second, I like the saddle you just put on, I like how it sits good and level, something I look for on a bike, I am turned off by a saddle tilted forward or back.

I have to agree the first seat looks much better...Maybe you could reweld another seat post,instead of a right angle(9.30) try (10.30)just a thought!!!....Would make the seat even steven :) ...more comfy to ride...Nice build...

this bad boy is done.
i'll take and post some finished pix tonight.
i made a "tank" this weekend. cut it out and drilled it fri nite.painted it sat. and laced it up sunday.
sorry i didnt take more in progress pix. the originals were to blurry and when i was paintin it i didnt think to take pix.
it's my first lace paint so it aint perfect. i layed the lace coat on a little heavy. i was in a little rush because it looked like rain :lol:
i cut a pattern out of balsa wood and transfered it to some thicker wood.
000_0004-18.jpg

000_0004-19.jpg

Looks really nice!

I passed through your neck of the woods a couple times last week (travelling NC to PA) and kept my eyes open for your van. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back