Jamis Boss or Earth Cruisers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone out there have a Jamis Boss or Earth Cruiser?? Here's my 1983 Boss with a fresh makeover.

IMAG0334.jpg

IMAG0326.jpg

Nice looking bikes Robert, My Boss looked alot like yours except is was very used, I rode the heck out of it back in the day...lol. I actually have seen yours before early in the makeover of mine. I was trying hard to find "The Boss" decal....the little gangster dude on the downpost....I loved that sticker on mine but it wasn't salvageable. I wrote Jamis about a vintage decal set but they said they didn't have any deacals or graphics of the old stuff. They did offer me a set of new ones but I'm really not crazy about them, but I still haven't ruled out the offer. If you know anything about where I might be able to find some of the old stuff, I would be forever grateful. I'm putting up a couple more pics of mine so that you can see the paint job. I went with a powdercoat color called "city lights". Its basically a dark grayish/black base, but full of prismatic flake so it changes color as light hits it. It was a stretch to go so far off from something normal, but I'm glad I did, it turned out really nice.The pics just don't do it justice as it's a hard color to photograph, it tends to flash out beacause of all of the flake.
IMAG0318.jpg

IMAG0330.jpg

IMAG0332.jpg

Love the powdercoat stuff!
See if you can get throught to Greg Webber. He's VP of product development at Jamis HQ. Very nice guy that has been there since the early days. He told me they still have the original art work for the EC, so I assume they do for the BOSS. Maybe they could scan the artwork and you could have decals made. Good luck!

Check this out - court case on the design . Ross Diamond Cruiser vs Jamis Boss Cruiser. has some detail on how jamis developed the Boss Cruiser -

http://bulk.resource.org/courts.gov/c/F ... -3354.html

Sorry about the picture posting problem, still learning. Iv'e been told that my "LW" star cruiser is a re-badged Jamis. I believe it is also. Any information would be appreciated. It's got a Palm Springs Ca. Cyclery sticker on it. Thanks for looking. Gary

My '83 Earth Cruiser, brilliantly restored by fellow member Robertk. I'm just blown away by the quality of his work. (His thread on the Before/After of the resto can be found elsewhere here)
I took the liberty of slapping the Brooks saddle on it, but otherwise, all credit goes to him for this beauty. Pictures just don't do this one justice:

Back