Junk Bros. Build - AMFer - DONE!!! July 27, 2014

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bike looks great. rack is neat. would also have looked cool lower, going around the wheel like the RRB auction bike of a few years ago. totally useless at that point, but it's a rat, so why not.

edit: oops, sorry, I see someone mentioned that build before me.
I mocked it up lower but it didn't look right to me. I'm no designer but I have to "feel" it when I see it.

Rg

Ac
Thats cool. Walked by one at wm the other day and thought id like one of those racks on my build off bike.
I had bought an huffy at a flea market for the wheelset and it had that rack on it. I bought the tires direct from Huffy, they are 26"x2.35.

Rg

Bike is fantastic....Is that your Element? I have one EXACTLY like it.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Bike is fantastic....Is that your Element? I have one EXACTLY like it.
Nope, it belongs to my tree-huggin' son (who I love very much)... actually, I have grown to like it, it's a great flea market vehicle. My main driver is a Dodge Magnum R/T.

Rg

Good idea on the safety tabs. I wouldn't have felt safe either with those dropouts facing north!

Building cool looking bikes and rearranging parts is all fun and games until someone gets hurt!
DSC00552_zps6184ea30.jpg

Good idea on the safety tabs. I wouldn't have felt safe either with those dropouts facing north!

Building cool looking bikes and rearranging parts is all fun and games until someone gets hurt!
Some people skydive, I ride poorly planned and executed bicycles...

Rg

kinda looks like you got a bottle opener in that front dropout.

Not much of an update, but something I have been worried about. Being this bike started it's life as a 20" muscle bike frame (AMF Scorcher) and now has 26" wheels and tires the crank bracket is too high for standard kick stands. So I came up with this.

DSC00559_zps0b9f2b62.jpg

DSC00561_zpsa0eb0ee4.jpg

DSC00562_zpsfe476ecb.jpg

Some JB Weld and finish-work and it should work fine.

Rg

Latest posts

Back