Lil' Pixie (updated 3-8-08)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember that piece of metal. Here I was trying to do something.
DSCF1502.jpg

DSCF1503.jpg

Things didn't work out. So went a different direction with it.
I'll post that later on. :D

So here are a few other parts that may come into play on this build.

DSCF1501.jpg

DSCF1500.jpg

DSCF1499.jpg

Well since I now have the seat and post done its time to figure out what to do about handle bars.

Lets check out chainsaw's stash.
DSCF1517.jpg

I think that I see something.
DSCF1519.jpg

DSCF1520-1.jpg

Yep its perfect.
Here is a sneak peak at what I'll be using to get the handle bars where I want them on Lil' Pixie.
DSCF1521.jpg

Well I was able to talk chainsaw into going over to the storage tonight after work!

I decided to work more on the handlebar situation.
Here I am getting the prep work for the handle bars. I took the first set of bars and cut them.
Have to make sure that they are even other wise the bars will be out of alignment with each other. Here I am cutting a little bit off to even them out.

DSCF1529.jpg

DSCF1528.jpg

Then it was time to cut the second bar and get it prepped. Here I am cutting it with the chop saw.

DSCF1530.jpg

DSCF1531.jpg

DSCF1532.jpg

DSCF1533.jpg

Here is what they might look like when I put them together.
I think that its turning out the way I pictured it.

DSCF1535.jpg

DSCF1534.jpg

Next it is time to cut the third bar. Here I am cutting the bars so that they are seperate.
DSCF1537.jpg

DSCF1536.jpg

Now I take them to the chop saw and even them up. Want to make sure that they are the same Length.

DSCF1538.jpg

DSCF1539.jpg

To connect them all together I had a bar that sleeved inbetween them. That is the red pipe that I am using.

DSCF1540.jpg

Now I have to cut them down to length to fit into the other bars.

DSCF1541.jpg

I had to make sure that the burs are off the ends I use the chop saw to do this.

DSCF1543.jpg

Here I am sanding the red paint off to make sure that when I weld it works good. Check out the parts on the table too.

DSCF1545.jpg

DSCF1544.jpg

Lets get a little mock up of them bars on Lil' Pixie.
The goose neck is not the one i'm using it is just for mock up. Also the rims and forks are only for mock up use.

DSCF1549.jpg

DSCF1550.jpg

DSCF1551.jpg

I'll have to do the welding on the handle bars tomarrow. Ran out of time.

Gigs those are absolutely huge! Great job. I wondered how you were ever gonna ride LP :D Suggestion... weld two matching necks together attached to one stem like a capital T. That will double your bar clamping ability and be unique. Those huge bars will give you a lot of leverage and you will have a hard time keeping them still in one neck (unless you weld them solid).

Aaron

nice shop

wow.. always amazed by the "shops" on these builds..

how long whats up w/ the space.. BIKE STUFF EVERYWHERE YAH !!!

you guys look like you are into this more than just a hobby.. nice collections of parts.

Thank you guys!

I wont be working on the bike for at least a couple of days.
We were in an accident on the way to the storage tonight.
We no longer have our only form of transportation, all because of a 16 year old that only had her lisence for two days!!! :x She hit my side of the vehicle first and rammed us into oncoming traffic.

I was in emergency for four hour tonight.
I'm very very very sore right now. I follow up with my dr in a couple days.

Chainsaw seems to be fine. He is a little sore.

if any speeling mistakes well you know I just got home from emerency.

Latest posts

Back