My New Schwinn Swindler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I haven't posted in forever. Some stuff came up and work was killing me. Finally had a couple weeks to settle down. I was at Wally-World today and came across this. Its a Schwinn Swindler 27.5" with a springer fork. I've been meaning to get a bike since I signed up here a while back and when I saw this I fell in love. I took it to the checkout and took it home.

IFo3YQU.jpg

Once home I noticed the teeth on the handle bars are almost non existent, like they've been flipping around. I was able to tighten them down but they still break loose. Might call Schwinn or take it back to WW for an exchange. After getting the bars tightened i rode it around the neighborhood to see how everything felt. The rear hub probably needs a ton more grease but the coaster break works pretty good with my 215lb butt on it.

Thought I'd share and see if anyone else has our Sen one of these yet?

I wonder what the marketing people where thinking when they decided that 'Swindler' was a good name. :21:

Just looked it up online and Wall2wall mart calls it a mountain bike in the title.:crazy2:

I can't even find it on Schinn's site... and Wal-Mart lists it as a Mongoose... which is why I got it for $99. It rang up as a Mongoose and I said it was wrong, it's a Schwinn... The cashier said "Sure is.. what you figure it's worth?" ... so I said "$99?" ... "Good enough". I should have said $40. lol :rofl:

The chain guard will be coming off... It rattles and I can't seem to tighten it without replacing the screws, so it'll go.

Easy find. search for 27.5" or 650b (same thing.) Fat tires will usually be knobbies... most slick tires will be 42mm and under, but you can buy Schwalbe
Big Bens in a 27.5x2.0" size...

I saw one a few weeks ago and posted in another thread here. It looked like a well built bike but I am been trying to stay away from buying bikes.

They were always $149 so you got lucky that you paid $99.

Yeah I saw a few on CL with motors the past weeks as well.

Learn something new everyday. I did not realize 27.5 was making it into cruiser style bikes. I have thought of it as more of a mountain bike size.

Yeah, Schwinn was years ahead on the 584 size; some of their earlier mtbs wore "s4" tires, aka 26x1 1/2", aka 650b, aka 27.5"

The madness continues.... :crazy::crazy:

Hey guys, I haven't posted in forever. Some stuff came up and work was killing me. Finally had a couple weeks to settle down. I was at Wally-World today and came across this. Its a Schwinn Swindler 27.5" with a springer fork. I've been meaning to get a bike since I signed up here a while back and when I saw this I fell in love. I took it to the checkout and took it home.

IFo3YQU.jpg

Once home I noticed the teeth on the handle bars are almost non existent, like they've been flipping around. I was able to tighten them down but they still break loose. Might call Schwinn or take it back to WW for an exchange. After getting the bars tightened i rode it around the neighborhood to see how everything felt. The rear hub probably needs a ton more grease but the coaster break works pretty good with my 215lb butt on it.

Thought I'd share and see if anyone else has our Sen one of these yet?
Just wanted to say Walmart in Tamoa FL did not fix this got mine for 99$ also excited!!!! However my seat is also loose and I'm 4"11 but I was in love

Just wanted to say Walmart in Tamoa FL did not fix this got mine for 99$ also excited!!!! However my seat is also loose and I'm 4"11 but I was in love

If your seatpost is what is loose and you can't get the clamp to tighten enough you can do a quick fix with a aluminium can. Use some tin snips, or something similar, and cut one or two rectangular strips from the cans body. The wrap them around your post. It's a bit tricky to get the aluminum can shims in between the post and post tube with it at the correct ride height for you. Using a marker to mark the correct insert of the seatpost for your ride height first will help a bunch. These cheesy aluminium can shims will work in many cases for loose handle bars as well.

Back