My"Skid Master"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a few pics of my bike.
It started as a Toys R Us chopper bike
westcoast.jpg

I then cut off the original chain stays and replaced them with e new set from an incomplete Firebikes frame
I then smoothed every weld and replaced the original front forks with a prototype set from Firebikes.
choppered.jpg

I then painted the frame a candy green and the wheels a mild green.
I added Frisco three peice cranks with a profile sprocket and DK pedals.
I pillaged a Jesse James bike for the tank, seat, and handle bars.
bikes006.jpg

bikes014.jpg

bikes013.jpg

bikes007.jpg

Here is a pic of my wifes Micargi that I hopped up a bit with new cranks, seat and tires
bikes001.jpg

I am new to this whole bike thing. So, let me know what you guys think... Dangler

Awesome!!! Not only do them colors look great together, but your bike and your car look amazing together... Awesome Bike!!! Great work!!!

Holy crap. A bagged Edsel WAGON. that may be the coolest car I've seen in a month of Sundays. :shock:

And the bike ain't bad either :lol:

Back in my auto body days of the early 70's, we used to call that color "Sea Foam Green". It never looked as good as it does on your wagen! 8)

Dude you are a sick man mixing Firebike parts and a department store bike, you'll fit right in here. Your bike is 100% better now, great job. How is the fit, were you able to make it adult friendly? I don't think your ever going to offend anyone here by posting pictures of a great looking hot rod like you Edsel. Please start a thread in the other talk section and tell us more...Kelly

nogoodnic42 said:
Dude you are a sick man mixing Firebike parts and a department store bike, you'll fit right in here. Your bike is 100% better now, great job. How is the fit, were you able to make it adult friendly? I don't think your ever going to offend anyone here by posting pictures of a great looking hot rod like you Edsel. Please start a thread in the other talk section and tell us more...Kelly
I have been called sick before. It makes me grin...

A friend of mine at the time had a prototype Firebikes frame that did not work out for him and was going to toss it.
And, I had seen the Toys R Us bike and liked it's basic bones. So, I went and got it. It didn't last more than a few hours until I could no longer resist cutting the ugly off of the back of the original frame. Fish tails? What were they thinking in China?
So, off they came. A few spot welds and a look or two and I knew I was on to something much better.
I got the forks from the same friend. (he had two sets. One with 1 inch and the other with 1 and 1/8 th head tubes.)
I couldn't pass up a set of free forks. I did some trade work for the cranks. i added a profile 44 tooth front sprocket and a new set DK Maltese pedals. I molded all the welds and painted the frame a candy green over a black base coat. I also painted the wheels a light green. I had the frame striped by a guy named Pogano from Sacramento. I still found my bike to look unfinished and then I saw the commercial for the Jesse James bike for 60 dollars at Big Lots. So I pillaged the tank, seat, and handle bars from it. So, this is how my bike got to where it is today.

I probably will tear it down this Spring and rebuild it again with a few new upgrades...

Latest posts

Back