My"Skid Master"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that bike had me at the pinstriped molded frame. you think you could do a little write on "how to mold the welds"?

crash91 said:
that bike had me at the pinstriped molded frame. you think you could do a little write on "how to mold the welds"?
It is pretty simple...
1.Grind the welds as smooth as possible.
2.Apply plastic filler (Bondo)
3.Sand smooth (I used 80 grit and then 120 grit)
4.Apply filler primer and block sand until satisfied
5.Apply sealer primer and topcoat :wink:

OK DANGLER...FORKS ARE RE WELDED...GOING TO RE DO THE COPPER...THEN PICS TONIGHT I HOPE? IM GOING TO BE SANDING AND PAINTING MY FRIENDS STRETCH CRUISER SO HOPEFULLY ILL GET HIM ON HERE AND GET PICS OF THE WORK WERE DOIN FOR HIS BIKE

I just reprimed and guide coated the frame. I will let that setup for a couple of days. Then I will wet sand it to my satisfaction. Then comes the hard part, color choice :?
Any suggestions guys :?:
I am kinda leaning towards a bright blue flake or perhaps a redish orange...
bike002-1.jpg

I figured I should post a couple pics of the new look...
bike047.jpg

bike045.jpg

What do you guys think?

Well, in all honesty, I must say...........I liked it better before. :cry: Something about the fatter tires and that lime green accent color. Oh well, it's not my bike anyway!

Boneshaker said:
Well, in all honesty, I must say...........I liked it better before. :cry: Something about the fatter tires and that lime green accent color. Oh well, it's not my bike anyway!
I liked it that way as well. But, it was time for a new look :wink:

briancustoms said:
The bike looks great! So does the Edsel!

Gotta love bagged rides! :mrgreen:

DSCN3674.jpg

AH MAN IM TRYING TO BUY A NEW MINI! I SOLD MINE A FEW BACK. I FOUND A 91 MAZDA B2200 BUT CASH IS SHORT. THEN WHEN I GET ONE I GOTTA FIND OMEONE TO BAG IT SINCE I NEVER LEARNED HOW!

...... fullsize gmc Im into minitrucks as well...your wagon is def .... I seen it before at show coverages I believe. sick bike as well pretty cool to see some "minitruckers" into this bike game as well.

Back