new 1937 columbia 3 star

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to a SWM in the area they only had little little kids bikes. One other time went there and they only had BMX bikes but never any "adult" bikes.

The ones by me tend to have some kids' bikes, some "bmx" bikes, and a few adult-sized bikes--typically 26"-wheel cruisers (men's and ladies') and some "hybrid" or quasi-mtbs (men's and ladies'), but nowhere near the selection they offer online. It makes sense, I guess, b/c they can ship your order to the store, but if they put alll the different models they offer on display, that'd take up a lot of retail floor space.

Depends to some degree on their market. We have a university and when school starts Wally world is loaded with cruisers and mountain bikes. Bike friendly here so every department store, even occasionally Menard's has adult bikes. They overstock so now is a good time to buy a cheap bike for cheap. Dunham's right now has a few 20 inch bikes a few cruisers a few mountain bikes and one road bike. All were discounted before Christmas and are now marked 50% off the sale price.

Depends to some degree on their market. We have a university and when school starts Wally world is loaded with cruisers and mountain bikes. Bike friendly here so every department store, even occasionally Menard's has adult bikes. They overstock so now is a good time to buy a cheap bike for cheap. Dunham's right now has a few 20 inch bikes a few cruisers a few mountain bikes and one road bike. All were discounted before Christmas and are now marked 50% off the sale price.

Sounds like a great time and place to pick up a deal on a bike.

Dang It!!!! I knew that this was going to happen. After viewing this thread for days and 5 pages in.............I now think I need one to play with!! I bet no Springfield Walmarts have any.

Dang It!!!! I knew that this was going to happen. After viewing this thread for days and 5 pages in.............I now think I need one to play with!! I bet no Springfield Walmarts have any.
Buy online, and use "ship to store" to avoid shipping charges...

The fender looks backwards, to my eye, b/c the rear brace is usually close to being horizontal, and the front brace is usually closer to being vertical. And, to me, it looks like they'd achieve that if they flipped the front fender the other way.

These things DO happen
pG01-2996409dt.jpg

If you order one, please do an unboxing and review thread - I'm sure there would be lots of interest hereabouts.:grin:

Latest posts

Back