Old Manse Hawthorne...LAST DAY RIDE VIDEO! pg 9 !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@MazdaFlyer was so kind to share the sketch he did of his drop stand so I could make one for my like Hawthorne frame. (See his thread for the diagram)

Got a beautiful day in the BACK40 to work in it....pics to follow....
20170522_123638.jpg

Had a nice mid-morning and then a late-afternoon on the drop stand project out of the BACK40. I used a piece of 1/8 x 1" x 4' flat steel. This is raw, so it has my kind of look to it, bends easily, and is pretty strong as well.

I used a strip of aluminum for the hanger portion. Everything got 'ratified' so it fit the build. I'll let the pictures do the talking....

stand1a.jpg
stand1b.jpg
stand1c.jpg
stand1d.jpg
stand1e.jpg
stand1f.jpg
stand1g.jpg

stand2.jpg
stand3.jpg

And as she sits so far. Thanks for the ideas and motivation guys!
More to come!

hawthornemoneyshot.jpg

Stand looks good, maybe a couple of small rubber bumpers on bottom of stand for more stability...just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well @franconuevo , sometimes ideas become reality. This morning I travelled across our fine metro we call the Twin Cities to my favorite 'rat trap'.

My friend Matt has supplied me with many frames and parts that have shown up on these pages. He has a passion for old bikes, and comes across many in his work searching for antiques and rusty goods for his General Store Antique mart.

He had told me about a set of peaked fenders he had that might work for the Old Manse. I brought the bike with to check the fit. When he saw the frame his eyes lit up and he said,"I might have the tank for that bike!"

He disappeared into one of his sheds, and seconds later he emerged, with the tank cradled in his hands.

I'm going to pull some of the shiny house paint off the fenders, but here is the bike in it's new 'rat-ified' state....
View attachment 51408
View attachment 51409
View attachment 51410

Rude, crude, and so very acceptable...
You just keep bangin' them out the way you want to, and we'll all just sit back, enjoy and learn.
Finest kind, my bro.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
F.

Nice job on the stand! Miss the other seat a little. I thought it kind of went with the guard.
The guard did match up with it well Chad. I have another build planned, maybe this Fall or next summer, for the safety pin saddle.

Think stretched, rusty, and big fat whitewalls....

Have an old tractor light on it's way via the 'bay. Should take up some of the room on the front of the bike.

Moved my son(s) for the 10th time in 10 years this week. I'm getting too old for this. They got a great house in Uptown, the hippest part of Minneapolis. Very happy and proud, they have worked very hard for this opportunity!

I am the engineer for all their ideas. Built this dart board cabinet this week, and we found a great 'bar quality' foosball table for $35 on CL. This, along with their roommate's 60" flat Ultra 4K tv (he works at Best Buy!), will make for a great 'man loft'....it's on the second floor of this 1914 house. I have dubbed it,.....
Barry Man-i-loft.

cabinetclosed.jpg

dartboardopen.jpg

So, afterwards, I rode down to Lake of the Isles which is only 3 blocks away, and took the Old Manse Hawthorne for a cruise around the lake. Beautiful day....
IMG_20170601_134526_980.jpg

Last edited:
Still waiting on the old tractor light....
Followed suit with @MazdaFlyer and rat-ified my seat cover a bit. Put the once over on the grips as well.
seataging.jpg

gripsaging.jpg

Then, what a better way to spend your lunch break than take a ride on this gorgeous 72 degree, sunny day....Four-gone Conclusion was on the menu for lunch today...
fourgoneconcllunch.jpg

Love that 4 speed Shimano Nexus on this big boy muscle bike!

shadowthumbsup.jpg

Good decision on the saddle swap. You'll find the right build for that long saddle.
Nice recover and ratification too.

Ok so a few things here.

1. The build off bike is looking right.

2. I really like the red frame, gotta get one of those.

3. Primer gray is awesome on a bike frame, I honestly think flat black has become to cliche.

4. Every time you post a video it throws me off. Based on reading what you type, and trying to connect your written personality and humor to a voice. You don't sound in my head the way you actually sound.

It's like how you say Chad and I have a Midwest twang. It's not expected.
Plus your slight resemblance to number 39, it just makes me think you should have more of a southern accent than me.

5. The videos are cool. If you hadn't noticed in my videos, the A/V quality sucks. I don't like my new phone.
I can actually see what you're filming and hear you clearly....

I really need a good A/V setup to grow my YouTube channel.

LOOKS GREAT BUD. THANKS FOR MENTIONING ME. NOW THAT YOU SEE MY BIKE PRIMED GRAY YOU CAN IMAGINE IT ON YOURS HUH?!? SO CAN I. GTB! PEACE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Ok so a few things here.

1. The build off bike is looking right.

2. I really like the red frame, gotta get one of those.

3. Primer gray is awesome on a bike frame, I honestly think flat black has become to cliche.

4. Every time you post a video it throws me off. Based on reading what you type, and trying to connect your written personality and humor to a voice. You don't sound in my head the way you actually sound.

It's like how you say Chad and I have a Midwest twang. It's not expected.
Plus your slight resemblance to number 39, it just makes me think you should have more of a southern accent than me.

5. The videos are cool. If you hadn't noticed in my videos, the A/V quality sucks. I don't like my new phone.
I can actually see what you're filming and hear you clearly....

I really need a good A/V setup to grow my YouTube channel.
My Beer Named Thespian, you crack me up.

I wish I could catch you on stage sometime, both as an actor and fronting a rock band.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy J7. I got it last spring before the boys and I took off for Norway. It's a little bigger than most, but I have big fingers and wanted that for navigation, as well as viewing on a larger screen. Really pleased with it in general.

And, yes now that you and Jake have both confirmed it, I'm definitely going with primer gray on Hawth #2!

Still trying to figure out the 'resemblance to 39' reference.....?

Latest posts

Back