pinstriping

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15 new colors at my door today. :D

1shot001.jpg

About 2.5 year ago i gave my girlfriend e few cans of oneshot and a mack.
She made me proud even more eversince.
Thought i put some of her work on here, she's to modest to do it herself.
the guitars where done for a friend from a lbs,

2sba2gy.jpg

15mczlv.jpg

2nsuikz.jpg

s12hkm.jpg

some bicycle related items,

2w1y6hc.jpg

6hnnuv.jpg

One made for a dodge owner,
2rpsd52.jpg

badmuller said:
About 2.5 year ago i gave my girlfriend e few cans of oneshot and a mack.
She made me proud even more eversince.
Thought i put some of her work on here, she's to modest to do it herself.
the guitars where done for a friend from a lbs,

2sba2gy.jpg

15mczlv.jpg

2nsuikz.jpg

s12hkm.jpg

some bicycle related items,

2w1y6hc.jpg

6hnnuv.jpg

One made for a dodge owner,
2rpsd52.jpg

hey thats miss J's work. ive seen her on the lounge for years. big fan here.

havent dipped into the robins egg yet but it looks cool. im also likin the emerald green color compared to 1shots medium green. the medium almost seens to dark for a medium.

very impresive i wish i was that good. i just cant get my wrist around to do stuff like that. i bought a few scrolling brushes at autorama and had no luck

stretch said:
thats sweet! is it for sale? :wink: :D

thanks stretch. hah i donno. i was just kinda testin the brush and got carried away. started adding more and more colors. i have about 4 hours in it. i think there is 6 or so colors. for me to make out its probly worth more to me then anyone else. i guess pm me a offer if youre really interested. i can do one and step it down color/time wise to fit your budget if you'd like one personalized. just let me know.

karfer67 said:
very impresive i wish i was that good. i just cant get my wrist around to do stuff like that. i bought a few scrolling brushes at autorama and had no luck

seriously, buy a kafka script/scroller. thats my first attempt at lettering. i know many many stripers knock kafkas but...honestly, its an amazing brush.(#3) it has soft hairs that actually flex unlike the swirly Qs which make if so much easier to pull curves. not much wrist action, just let the weight off the brush to get the tip right and have it standing straight up. im gonna order a few more for back ups. if society would accept human/brush marriage, there would be a ring on this thing. :D

thesuicideride said:
karfer67 said:

seriously, buy a kafka script/scroller. thats my first attempt at lettering. i know many many stripers knock kafkas but...honestly, its an amazing brush.(#3) it has soft hairs that actually flex unlike the swirly Qs which make if so much easier to pull curves. not much wrist action, just let the weight off the brush to get the tip right and have it standing straight up. im gonna order a few more for back ups. if society would accept human/brush marriage, there would be a ring on this thing. :D
hes right....i use my pinkie to support(dont really put wieght on it it just there to keep you at the same height so your lines dont thin out/fatten up) and just roll the brush not your wrist....man i love having a local old timer to learn from!

sensor said:
thesuicideride said:
karfer67 said:

hes right....i use my pinkie to support(dont really put wieght on it it just there to keep you at the same height so your lines dont thin out/fatten up) and just roll the brush not your wrist....man i love having a local old timer to learn from!

i did have one at first. just to teachin me how to pallet and what not. then i think he realized i was serious about it and actually progressing. then he stopped showing me. :(

mine knows im serious....ive been buggin him for the past year about an apprenticeship(paid :wink: )
he keeps telling me to get out of it(his way of protecting work i think) but will take the time to answer my questions and show me anything i ask....last time i took pictures/panels and he took my # so i think im actually making some headway(fingers are crossed that he'll get busy so i can come in for $ :mrgreen: )
hes even was mentioned in macks web site(jim bradley)....thats actually how i found him

my local guy showed me a few things at first then started tossin me a couple coins to do the dog work. like sanding, sweeping, washing his car, yatta yatta. that went on for about 5 months as my main job. and he didnt show me much anymore. for the same reason i believe (protect work). i learned more about vinyl from him. not much paint work other then what you could teach someone in a day or two. i stuck it out hopin he was just testin me to see how much i really wanted it but after 5 months of just sanding everyday for a 1oo bucks a week....nope. im mostly self taught. hes still a way cool dude tho. i still stop in and hang out now and again.

Latest posts

Back