Radioactive Heap '65 Stingray

Dec 2, 2007
Fresno, Ca.

Much like my Wildcat this started as an ebay purchase this past Summer, I spent some time rounding up just the right parts and when I finished up the Murray I went to work on this one. A couple of ideas I had for this didn't work out but I'm still really happy with the result. I did decide not to use the 'Radioactive Heap' license plate, going with a Stingray one instead. After mounting the Heap plate I just didn't like the looks of it on this bike. The bars are from a '68 Fair Lady and have a set of NOS Hunt-Wilde grips. The rear tire is a NOS Goodyear Blue Streak that I bought here from another member, which I then painted the stripe on. I decided to use a front wheel/tire off a Fastback to try and give the illusion of an even fatter Slick on the rear. The sissy bar and seat are old Troxel parts.

Here are some alternate/detail shots...............

And a couple of my two entries into this years MBBO...............

Here's the link to my first entry in the build off, the Rat-ed X-65 Murray Wildcat.

And the link to my original Stingray thread: Radioactive Heap '65 Stingray

Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
Really nice work on this! Your lay back sissy, the leopard seat, fastback wheel tire up front, and that Goodyear Blue Streak...:thumbsup:

You really achieved a customized - stock look to this build. And, for what it's worth, I really like that full profile of the bike up against the brick wall in the second pic.....:wink1:

Reactions: LukeTheJoker
Dec 2, 2007
Fresno, Ca.
Thanks guys! I got really lucky with the photos, the weather here has been really hit and miss the last week. I was hoping to use a friends garage to get some photos (he's got tons of vintage car parts including a couple of front engine dragsters) but the timing didn't work out. I had to wait until today to take the photos and I waited for the sun to come out until 12:30. It never did make an appearance but I couldn't hold out any longer. I loaded up the truck and drove downtown hoping there wouldn't be anyone parked in the way (I've used this spot for photos before). I got super lucky, there was about a ten foot space of empty curb, just out of view in the photos there is a big ugly window on the left and a tree in the middle of the sidewalk on the right. I did get a few strange looks as I wiped the bikes down and shot about 50 photos and even had one woman ask if they were for sale.

Reactions: LukeTheJoker