Resurrecting a Phantom

Discussion in 'GALLERY' started by boybluela, Jul 31, 2018.

1. boybluela

boybluela

Hey there everyone.. as I mentioned on my Re introduction post, I dropped out of this Hobby a few years back. So with that said, I'd like to show you all what brought me back..

I happened to be browsing Craigslist and came across this.
    Screenshot_20180706-181400_Samsung Internet.jpg

At first glance she didnt look like much but caught my interest anyway due to it being a springer.
    Then I noticed the grips, sprocket, and deluxe pedals.. Thought to my self "This could have been a Phantom" and well I've always wanted one, so I met the guy and brought it home. 20180711_173714.jpg

I took it apart cleaned it up, and made some adjustments to make her a decent rider. I found original red paint inside the head tube and black in the crank case, add the fact that the springer is the locking type, and I was convinced!

Naturally the only thing that would make sence at this point would be to go on the hunt for parts..which I did. While I did manage to find some missing priginal parts..

I found a gentleman parting out a 90s repop and sourced the seat, fenders and pedals from him.. I will eventually repaint the whole thing again and not rush it this time.. and will send all the chrome out to get redone.

And well..here she is!
    20180722_131702.jpg
    20180730_131627.jpg
    20180730_131446.jpg

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    Imaginos, Kruez, RustyGold and 2 others like this.
  2. A.S.BOLTNUT

A.S.BOLTNUT

A.S.BOLTNUT likes this!

3. toro1978

toro1978

Hey this is a real pretty bike :nerd: Black and red is always a beautiful color combination. Great stance too.
    I like Your car too. :cool2:

boybluela likes this.
  4. RustyGold

RustyGold

Looks good on the back of the '58 :thumbsup:

Jason

boybluela and Kruez like this.