Rollfast muscle bike turned cruiser for my son

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two Yoots!!!
Classic!!!
:mrgreen: :D

Lookin good !I did one of these for my BO bike this year!!

Alright, I've got some more parts together and did another mock up. Not sold on the bars, still going to be looking around for more, that is not the stem I want, I'll find something else. The truss rods came from a 24" bike and I might just modify and use them instead of making my own. The seat came off an old women's 24" bike and fits well, I just need to make a layback post. Not sure if I will cut the chain guard or let it extend like that. Found my longest 20" fender and I think I'll keep it as is.

cru2.jpg

cru1.jpg

cru3.jpg

That came out awesome, I have a 66 Murray Wildcat that I painted anodized red for my son, he's still not big enough to ride it yet at only 4 years old, but next growth spurt and he'll be ridin it. 8)

I like your thinking so far!

My main goal for this build is scale. It seems that a 20" bike always looks like a 20" bike, but I want it to look scaled like a 26" bike. So far I think I'm on the right track. Just noticed in the photo how the truss rods continue the flow of the twin top tubes, I guess I just got lucky on that one.

I like the chain guard an the bars do look off a bit maybe if they was flipped it's got a BTR vibe to it already just my opinion

big kountry said:
I like the chain guard an the bars do look off a bit maybe if they was flipped it's got a BTR vibe to it already just my opinion

BTR vibe?

I don't want to flip the bars because I want a more natural cruising position for my son. Those bars look a bit long because the grips are not pushed all the way on (you can see the silhouette in one of the photos) so that might make a difference. I'm still going to be trying on different bars, and I think I may weld in a crossbar like older bikes had.

Oh Man! Love what you´re doing with this bike!
That chain guard looks like an exhaust, don´t cut it!
Can´t wait to see more, so keep at it!

Gdcast said:
Oh Man! Love what you´re doing with this bike!
That chain guard looks like an exhaust, don´t cut it!
Can´t wait to see more, so keep at it!

Thanks, I think I am going to leave it alone, maybe drill some holes in it. It's just the chainguard off of a mini OCC Chopper.

Scrapirondesigns said:
That's bike looks so sick. Great build. I think I need a kid. LoL anyone have one they want to give me. So I can build cool poop for them. LoL awesome bike

Sorry, my 3 kids are spoken for! :mrgreen:

I have a girl coming next January, but I have already started building for her so my advise is, get one of your own, they´re fun to build :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sweet looking bike! You just convinced me to make my ww2 era 20in thrift store find a mini-cruiser! Love that rear fender... Did you have to modify it? I'm gonna need a bobbed one like that. Nice work!

Sourceunkn said:
Sweet looking bike! You just convinced me to make my ww2 era 20in thrift store find a mini-cruiser! Love that rear fender... Did you have to modify it? I'm gonna need a bobbed one like that. Nice work!

Yeah, the rear fender was off of an old solid tire convertible bike, I just cut it with snips and had to bend it out a little for clearance.

Latest posts

Back