Sweet & Low

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be a slow go. However, I felt the need to move it to the builds section since I've started gathering parts to do it.

I'm planning a pneumatic bike. Heres a simple idea of what I've got in mind:
1012315_675472342466189_594477893_n.jpg

With that being drawn up, I've started gathering parts.
Back half (triangle):
1011230_697132960300127_1959443809_n.jpg

Where the shock mounts is where I'm planning to mount the swivel that goes on the end of the rod that comes out if the air cylinder. To make the back half swivel, I'm going to use the shaft from the 3 piece sprocket and weld some tabs to the frame and mount the threaded part of the shaft to them. Therefore, making it swivel.

Cylinder I bought. New Clippard Single Acting Air Cylinder USR-17-4-SP 1-1/16" Bore 4" Stroke
1005329_693583847321705_760622470_n.jpg

This is all I have for now, but there will be more to come. Slowly but surely :wink:

Re: Slow Motion (aka: Sweet N Low)

Looking good. I'm anxious to see how this turns out.

Thanks, rev!

My plan for the screw in end didn't work, I couldn't get it to seal good. So, I cut it off, lost 2 inches in my 2 ft piece, got another cap and a new valve and finally got it to hold air. It'll safely hold 130 pounds. I was hoping for more, but oh well. I've gotta put some jb weld around where the gauge is screwed in, it leaks a little. All that's left to do now is some cleaning up and more lines to be plumbed.
guzy8usa.jpg

This is gonna be cool. 8)

Very cool! Just checking, do you have a drill press? That notcher shown there is only the clamping and positioning part, you still need a drill press to drive it. :wink:

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Very cool! Just checking, do you have a drill press? That notcher shown there is only the clamping and positioning part, you still need a drill press to drive it. :wink:

Luke.
I finally got one the awhile back lol. Best part is, it was free :wink:

Ya gotta love free :lol:
My notcher broke before i did the first fishmouth :mrgreen: still have the parts here somewhere. Ive heard many others had better luck with it :shock:

Good luck with the bike, goodnidea picking up the parts bike, gotta love walmart bikes!

Rich

RichL said:
Ya gotta love free :lol:
My notcher broke before i did the first fishmouth :mrgreen: still have the parts here somewhere. Ive heard many others had better luck with it :shock:

Good luck with the bike, goodnidea picking up the parts bike, gotta love walmart bikes!

Rich
I was going to go with a 26 inch, but I wanna do something different, so I used the original 26 inch parts bike elsewhere lol. I believe a 29 inch would look good laid out :wink:

Latest posts

Back