Trans-it (New grips so calling it done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Newbie here to a build off... But think I will give it a try. This is the starting point and wing it as I go. This bike started life as a girls bike(trans-it) but a friend I got it from did the change over. Will use parts off my Schwinn and other stuff I can dig up. If the motor fits the fork I will use it got to put it back together first.

Look like a great pile of parts to start with . Welcome a board the crazy trail ! Have fun & enjoy the ride [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the fray! This is a great group to be a part of and a build off is the best way to get fully immersed .....Rat On!

Your friend made a great Oriole-esque frame.

Thanks for the comments and I think it will be fun to join in....

Kingfish.. You are rite, He dose some nice fab work. Had to clean up some brazing and smooth out some areas and fill in some pitted spots and got it in prime last night, will post pics. later after mom day outing.

OK.... Steer tube on the springer is not useable (girls fork). Going to take it and another fork to LBS and see if it can be saved. If not I guess I can change to a different bike? if so do I delete this thread and start over? Newbie on the build off :blush:

I would guess the steer tube should be swappable for one that works, if you mean it's damaged or too short. If that doesn't work, I suggest seeing if another fork would work with that frame because it's a pretty cool frame. :cool2:

If you do need to mulligan and go with a different bike, it seems you can just call this project thread done and start a new one. Leaving it up keeps the info here for posterity. I'm just a sophomore to the BO, though, so others can weigh in on that.

Good Luck!

Has had repair work before in the middle of fork and still jacked up... Local shop Clyde James cycle's did one for Steve and did a great job so it's worth a try. Trying to keep it low$$ and on hand parts, union contract end soon so gotta save some money!!

Thanks all.... The fork is at the LBS getting a new steer tube might have it back later this week. Got some time and no rain today so I got some paint on the frame and part of springer fork.. Black satin and brushed nickel and I will add clear coat after the humidity gets better. will use the Gerald slick and skinny off my corvette. still digging parts out

Finley got to do a little on the bike today.. overtime at work and the weather hasn't helped much.

Luke.. I switched on the colors. did a little paint work and please don't be to harsh at my first attempt to do a two tone. And also messing around with making a duel headlight set up but I don't have a lot to do fab work with. Off work till Tuesday so time to get some work done !!

Looking good to me man !
I like the colors you picked . I'm sure Clyde will get ya hooked up on that fork it's cool that he's close enough to lend a helping hand . Clyde builds some sweet bikes ! [emoji879]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back