Uncle Stretch

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I will do my intro. I am 57 years old, retired , an all the sudden highly addicted to bikes. My brother got me started when he brought his Chief over to my house to ride. The pedal forward concept got me to thinking . I could either buy one like his or build my own. I decided to build my own. I built streetrods for about 15 years. Some complete some just working on improving the family owned cars. Building a bike should have been easy.....yeah right. I have had some failures and some not too shabby. After looking at the bikes built by some of you i realize what talent there is on this site. I hope my additions help and at least give some people ideas on either what to do or not to do. I read alot where people say i need to learn how to weld. Almost every high school in Texas has a program ,that for a slight fee to cover what you use , they will teach you to weld. There is no excuse if you want to learn.

Welcome Strech! One would assume your tall right? I'm envious (sorry Rat Rod) that your retired and wrench on bikes, can't wait 'till I'm there :D

Naw not really....5'9''. I'm pretty fat though. The name came from someone on rrb. I am Rat Rod's uncle and i started stretching bikes. Hence the name Uncle Stretch.

Here's a shot of my stretch that he built from scratch....I'm collecting parts slowly and trying to decide on a paint scheme.

Got a Nexus 7 coaster for the rear and it's at the LBS now getting an overhaul.

IMG_0079.jpg

In case any of yall missed it...this was the frame build thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4922

Ok I forgot the part where you put what you ride. I built my own frame. It is a 1938 Colson clone. I stretched it 7'' . It has a tripple tree front fork, with 26x3 Kenda Flame tires , a Brooks saddle (not too comfy yet) and a sachs 7 speed. Since I built the frame from scratch I'm proud of it . Out of all the bikes I have built (9) this was my best one. Ok I will quit patting myself on the back. :lol:
mine4.jpg

Pretty cool becoming a RatRodBikes legend before you become a member! :wink:
I love the looks of your bike and think that this will inspire many great looking bikes in the future. Are you planning on selling the frames? I think there are plenty of people that would jump at the chance for one!

Keep us up to date on any of your creations!
Chainsaw

Thanks Chainsaw I'm Not sure about the legend part , but It took alot of trying to find what in my mind was the perfect bike. I am about two weeks away from getting my sample. Then if it turns out ok I am going to have 20 made to see what interest there is. I may wind up with 19 more bikes at my house...ha ha .
The bad thing Hooch ,the more things i add the less i like the look. A simple clean really functional bike was my goal. I really don't even like the cable to my 7 speed. I may go for some kind of under the seat shifter to eliminate that.

Gee with 15 pages, you generated alot of interest in that build. I never saw a clear pic of what you used for a shifter. If it was an arm kind how did you know what gear you were in? I will have to look closer at the pics....maybe after nap time ha ha. Thanks Hooch.

yea it got lots ofcomments because of the leaf spring front end I made
I am surprised its never really been done since
Only one bike I have seen other than mine
I used the stock twist shifter ground off the brake lever arm and put it on the seat post
heres a few pics
6.jpg

shifter.jpg

P3050040.jpg

HELLO & WELCOME!!!I'm a big fan! I've wanted a copy of your first streachie since I first saw it! 8) 8) 8)
L8 EM

Well duke in a few weeks if you really want one they will be available. I appreciate the interest, and thanks for the welcome.

Latest posts

Back