Wonder rat finished

May 29, 2013
Hey all, I got my rat done in the most traditional way possible, quick, ratty and lean. Didnt have much time to do this build. I got the frame a couple weeks ago and didnt decide to build it till I had the seat fall into my lap. And then the search was on for necessary parts. I posted my intentions to join the build off and the race was on!

My double bar frame looked fast laying on the floor, so I kept with that theme and kept it lean.

May 29, 2013
Thanks. I love the stripes on the wood rims. For me it was a no brainer to use them on this bike. The long front triangle of the frame and the low and back seat just make it look fast. Got quite a few comments and questions today while at the park. Admitadly, this is the first fixed gear bike I have ever road and that takes some getting used to. Lol

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Perfect patina and grouping of parts and details.
BRAVO!

Jun 14, 2014
Tampere, Finland
I know this is an old thread but I was just going through old posts and stumbled on this one.
I normally dislike straight tube bikes but this looks good.
Proportions are just right (to my eye). I have one similar frame and it just may be that I´ll do something with it, now when I´ve seen your version.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2015
Kalifornia / Toes Beach
So, who all made such double-bar (no-drop, no-tank) frames, for stores like Shapleigh Hardware St. Louis MO - Davis, Mead, Schwinn, Worksman?
upload_2018-7-22_12-41-16.png

Are they from the teens, predecessor to (before) the motorbike style, or concurrently produced?

Last edited: