1979 WORKSMAN LIMITED EDITION DELUXE CRUISER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I recently purchased what I believe to be a relatively rare 1979 Worksman Limited Edition Deluxe Cruiser. A guy in Arizona posted this bike in the Klunkers For Sale FB Group and at first I thought it was just a frankenbike, but I saw where he made the claim that it was all original.

The bike intrigued me so I did some quick research and found out that Worksman did indeed offer a cruiser with this springer fork and staggered wheel set back in 79. There was a small write up on the bike in the November 1979 issue of BMX Plus Magazine about it.

This bike doesn't have a front drum brake like the bike in the article and it appears that someone swapped out the bars over time. I'm planning to contact Worksman to see if they have any stats on when this bike was made and how rare the fork might actually be. It has a Bendix 76 rear hub and the brakes are shot. No plans to refinish the bike...I think it just looks too dang cool as is!

worksman001_small.jpg

worksman006_small.jpg

worksman003_small.jpg

worksman004_small.jpg

worksman002_small.jpg

worksman005_small.jpg

File Nov 21, 1 08 48 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
26/24 wheel combo is interesting. Amazed after 10+ years on this site, that this is a first for this bike. Cool find. Some old motocycle bars would look good.

26/24 wheel combo is interesting. Amazed after 10+ years on this site, that this is a first for this bike. Cool find. Some old motocycle bars would look good.

I thought the same thing...that's why when I first saw it I just assumed it was some junker someone threw together. I guess the fork design forced the smaller wheel up front.

I also wondered what some old Husky MX bars might look on it. :)

The current President of Worksman Cycles commented and said that there were around 200 bikes produced from the late 70’s to the early 80’s with this fork...most of which went to one bike rental company in New Jersey.

I’m waiting to hear back on whether they manufactured the fork themselves or if it was produced by someone else.

That is a nice looking bike
I would like to get one for myself
But It may take 10+ years of looking to find another one

The current President of Worksman Cycles commented and said that there were around 200 bikes produced from the late 70’s to the early 80’s with this fork...most of which went to one bike rental company in New Jersey.

I’m waiting to hear back on whether they manufactured the fork themselves or if it was produced by someone else.
That's pretty funny. I don't see worksman for sale too often around here. i think it's weird. The factory was close and we used to have a lot of plants and stuff here. You would think everyone would have one in their shed. But I do remember seeing one of those on Craigslist a year or 2 ago.

I picked this Worksman up earlier this year. It came from Fort Dix New Jersey.
The color and frame appear to be very similar, but yours is way to cool! :thumbsup:
IMG_6524.JPG
FullSizeRender(3).jpg

Super cool ride ! Love the staggered wheel set gives it a good look.

Back