ARISE! Sir Loin of Beef hit's the pavement!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sir Loin of Beef

Very nice.....just to let you know this was my original plan as far as colors go on my build....( whenever I get started) but you know sometimes the best layed plans, but I am done with my brotherinlaws bike, so this month will be better for progress on mine. I definetly get alot of inspiration from yours :wink:

Nice fab work. I cant believe the similarities in the toolbox you built and the one I built for "Sweet Liberty. I think we may have fabricated these on the same day. You weren't sneakin around my place peekin were ya? :lol:
canister4.jpg

TommyTwoTime said:
Nice fab work. I cant believe the similarities in the toolbox you built and the one I built for "Sweet Liberty. I think we may have fabricated these on the same day. You weren't sneakin around my place peekin were ya? :lol:
canister4.jpg

Not without a time machine, I wasn't. My team of special investigators has informed me that I first posted mine on Friday, May 22nd while you first posted yours on Sunday may 24th! :shock: :mrgreen: HAH! SO THERE! :lol: When your a genius like me, you just get used to people using your ideas. :roll: :wink:

bugs bunny

i think i spend too much time on this forum.....i just saw an episode of 'family guy' where elmer finally gets bugs, not for the kiddies, but i laughed so hard i thought i was going to have (another) heart attack. anyway, i instantly thought of your build thread!

I plan on cotting the heads off some S.S. bolts, drilling a small hole in the tubing, shovingthe bolt in and plug welding it so the threads stick out the tubing. In this pic are I cut a 1/4" bolt but it won't fit in the tubing. I'll have to use metric. I tried em' and they fit.

P1011793.jpg

S.S. mpunting bracket. It still needs to be bent.

P1011792.jpg

Little tabs will hold the bottoms.

P1011795.jpg

Forgot I had this solid aluminum fluted seat post. Heh, heh... 8)

P1011791.jpg

Say ej, I was taking apart a dyno hub this morning for fun and got stuck on the generator side. Do those tiny little bolts protruding to the middle of the hub spacing have to be loosened? and what next? By the way, your truss rods are off the hook! Awesome, man!

Do Not seperate the magnets! You'll ruin them. Check out Sheldon Brown's web site. He has a detailed refurbishment page there. He can explain it better den' me. They're not hard. Good luck and thanks.

I'm liking where this bike has been!

Well, been sick as a dog with stomach flu this week so not much work was done. I felt a little better today so I decided to make the leather hinges and spring loaded catch. I went spring loaded so the door wont rattle when I ride it.

P1011806-1.jpg

Now I just have to polish it, fab the mounting spacers and mount it and the tool box will be done.

Very nice!........I'm getting jealous.

Y-M-I ?.........I-M-R-U ? :D

2 E Z
U
?

I finished up the truss rods tonight, I'll get some pics up tomorrow. 8)

Latest posts

Back