ARISE! Sir Loin of Beef hit's the pavement!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sir Loin of Beef

Stainless steel truss rods with stainless mounting brackets.

P1011811-1.jpg

P1011807-1.jpg

bikebuilder said:
My favorite in the build off so far!
DITTO!.........But there is no way an English bike can win..........So I don't know if I'll waste my vote on ya.

KOTA said:
bikebuilder said:
My favorite in the build off so far!
DITTO!.........But there is no way an English bike can win..........So I don't know if I'll waste my vote on ya.

"Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it." - Winston Churchill

ej599 said:
"Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it." - Winston Churchill

"OUCH!!".....Benjamin Franklin

now this is a good lookin' bike.
i'm diggin' the heck outta it.

arent the brits more into boiled beef?

Your Daddio bike was on my top 5 list last year............Looks like this one will be also.

Thanks! Being a cyclist I wanted to build a bike that could be ridden comfortably for miles. That's one of the reasons I went with an English bike. That and I feel it's a bit more of a challenge to make a diamond frame bike look good also. Thirdly I try to do different style bikes in the build offs I've participated in. In my opinion repeatedly building the same style bike would be like eating the same thing for lunch everyday.

But enough of my reasoning, I built some parts today for the tool box. Made some copper washers and mounting spacers. I cut the spacers with a hole saw in a drill press actually to get a radius to match the tool box. then I cut the flat side with a saw. The copper washer are just to give it a touch of copper. A little copper, stainless, brass and aluminum. That's what I like!

P1011823.jpg

P1011826.jpg

Also bought a cabinet knob at home depot to plug the hole in the side.

P1011827.jpg

I have eaten 2 burritos with salsa for lunch almost every day for the past 8 years.... :| sometimes something a little differnt is nice. :D

I think "El Monterrey" should sponsor me.

different is good. cool bike the headlight is swheeeet. and the truss rods are clean well done

"mmmmm....Burritos with salsa." - Homer Simpson

Thanks.

I wrapped the bars with some Cinelli cork look gel tape and corked the ends.

P1011829.jpg

P1011832.jpg

P1011830.jpg

P1011831.jpg

Yeah, Elvis!....I like where this bike is going.

Latest posts

Back