Bat Rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will give you an extra month to squeeze it in for the Fat Tire ride in FoCo.
We are trying to get a show going in November with the GrayBeard hotrod show. I will give you a call if it happens. It would be nice to see the Bat there!
See you around!

Am i the only Coloradan left in this build?

Aarrrggghhh!!! Not again!! You did a great job so post that thing! Don't get put in the bunch with the rest of those slackers!! I saw last year bikes entered that looked worst. Ok my opinion is bias since you my boy. So congrats on the gig and everything that follows. Ya know I got cha back so none of you mugs say nothing smart. :mrgreen: Keep us updated and if ya can squeeze in a little time....Get Ta Buildin'!!! Peace and Success

Thank you all for the tremendous support and and comments :!: :!: Time is just not available to do much.I'm just swamped at the moment.Don't even have time to keep up with daily chores.Sleep is even tough to come by these days.The new job is going well :D but requires all my limited resources to learn new skillsets and keep up with the volume of daily business.The boss has released control of certain aspects to me ahead of schedule and faster than he has done so previously.Also on the prowl for new digs in the city I work.So much to do in a short amount of time.Lost about 7 pounds the first week of work and 5 more the last couple weeks.Can't afford to loose much more without sacrificing my health.Still need to get rid of some bikes I don't want to move when I find a place to live and start packing.Building bikes is just a pipe dream at the moment :( . Sunday is the only time I have to take care of things around the house and catch up with all the awesome builds going on here while trying to find time for rest.There just aren't enough hours in the day to keep up but whatever doesn't kill me,makes me stronger.It will all be worth it when I break through to the other side :!: It's just a huge challenge at the moment.
I wish I could enter this bike as it is,but it isn't anywhere near ridable.The parts are just sitting on the bike or being held on with wire.I know what I want it to look like when it's done and refuse to compromise my standards just to meet a deadline.I would REALLY like to see how it stacks up against some of the other bikes in the Build Off but just isn't going to happen.I like to think I'm letting you guys off the hook by not finishing :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope you will all follow the build when I get time to actually build this thing.I think it will be awesome when it's done and am dying to get it done.I still have some parts and ideas that will be applied that I'm sure will impress you.
Again,thank you all for the support and I am sad that I can't build this thing for you all to enjoy at the moment.Hopefully it will keep you guys coming back to RatRodBikes after the Build Off :lol: :lol: Like you need another excuse.....

imagearchy said:
I will give you an extra month to squeeze it in for the Fat Tire ride in FoCo.
We are trying to get a show going in November with the GrayBeard hotrod show. I will give you a call if it happens. It would be nice to see the Bat there!
See you around!

Am i the only Coloradan left in this build?

Things should slow down a bit after August and I will be jumping on this build as soon as I can.The image in my head is drivin' nuts without being able to build it.It probably doesn't help that it sits in the living room taunting me.The Ft Collins Tour de Fat is incredible and I'd love to have Bat Rod done in time for the ride.I'm guessing there will be close to 40,000 people in the parade this year since it seems to get bigger every year.Should be a hoot :!: The hot rod show would be cool 8) Keep me informed.Are you trying to get a bike category together?That would be sweet :wink: Your bike is lookin' great :mrgreen:

Peatbog said:
Hey, good luck with the new job. Sounds like things are going well, just really busy.

I guess if you don't get your bike entered, that moves me up 1 in the standings. :mrgreen: Thanks.

Thanks Peat.The job is moving along great.Better than I expected.When the boss said he usually doesn't start letting the reigns out for at least a couple months(just finished my 3rd week),I was a bit surprised.

I don't know about you moving up in the standings,but appreciate the compliment.You have one sweet ride on your hands 8) 8)

refuse to compromise my standards just to meet a deadline

Well said, although is kind of sad you didn´t finish it, you´ll get the time later, but please finish it and post the result, this bike is amazing!
All the luck on your new job!!!

Thanks for the kind words Raggedjim and Gdcast :!: This bike will be built.Too much real life in the way right now.Once I relocate,this bike will be done right :wink:

Good luck man!

Bat_bunny_poker_collection.jpg

Latest posts

Back