hi c promotional 10 speed any info ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
so a guy responded to my ad to buy bicycles and he brought me 2 "jewels" ( sarcasm meter off the charts here hoyven!!)
the first is a girls 20 inch magna which i basically plan on attaching fireworks to and seeing if bicycles can fly :dance2:
the other, now it has my attention only because its not too bad off and after washing the dust off it looks good other then a little wear n tear.
it says hi c fruit drink as the brand and is painted hi c orange.
the worse parts are the handlebars foam and the seat which aren't too bad off but need replacing.
this is it in as received condition that and the purple magna in the background for 25 bucks
did i do good or bad?
any info on who made it year anything would be appreciated
thanks
sean

Looks like pretty fair quality for a promotional bike, with it's lugged frame, alloy flanges and brakes. Some of them were total crap. The cotter crank and 27" hoops say 30 yrs or older, probably a 70's "boom" bike.

Looks like pretty fair quality for a promotional bike, with it's lugged frame, alloy flanges and brakes. Some of them were total crap. The cotter crank and 27" hoops say 30 yrs or older, probably a 70's "boom" bike.
thaks deormam

yeah it seems pretty decent i was gonna scrap it but after looking at it i decided its too nice to scrap
it seems to ride relatively good as well.
i agree with it being 70's as well.
guess its going up for sale to highest bidder and we will see how it goes.
sean

well after going thru it i discovered it is a 12 speed and has some characteristics of a Panasonic ( 12 speed wheel spoke guard the crank set and sprockets.the lugged frame all resemble a Panasonic i sold awhile back.)
i could be wrong but that's all i got so far
Sean

more info found on this bike.
it was made in 85 and it was a giveaway for a chain called save mart.
here is what i got about it courtesy of bike forums and copied from member jasoncjung so it is not my info i just borrowed it to help me a bit

The history i was given was these were from 1985 or 1986 and were promotional giveaway's through a local chain called Save-Mart (though i'm sure this was a national promotion through other stores). Apparently nobody had won these bikes, so the guy gave them to the collector i bought them from. he just wanted to get rid of the .... things, and make room for other things.

so it is 80's and i still think it is panasonic built but not sure
sean

$25 for 2 bikes aint bad. I would think you could turn it into $50 pretty easy.

Wish it said "is the box that rocks" on the Hi-C bike, that jingle was burnt into my memory watching cartoons bitd :21:

$25 for 2 bikes aint bad. I would think you could turn it into $50 pretty easy.

Wish it said "is the box that rocks" on the Hi-C bike, that jingle was burnt into my memory watching cartoons bitd :21:
yeah i remember that commercial
forgot about it til you mentioned that.lol
as far as selling it i have it listed on Craigslist for 55 bucks but im kinda thinking of keeping it it's something i have never seen and it has all shimano components.
so the flipper in me says yeah sell it but the bike collector in me says keep it and restore it.
i haven't thought that far yet lol.
sean

Back