IT CAME FROM OUTTA SPACE?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

OddJob

Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Diggin' the look and your ideas. Those big 700c hoops really give it a 'racy' look. I actually like the springer on the front, with all the natural curves of the Spaceliner frame it fits in well.

How big are your thighs? That 52t chainring, and solid plate steel.

thighs-leg.gif

hammer mechanic

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
Diggin' the look and your ideas. Those big 700c hoops really give it a 'racy' look. I actually like the springer on the front, with all the natural curves of the Spaceliner frame it fits in well.

How big are your thighs? That 52t chainring, and solid plate steel.

View attachment 192108
Like looking in a mirror!

hammer mechanic

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
You can dump the races and just run loose balls on the drive side. New balls are readily available and you can run an extra few for a higher load rating.
The bearing race I'm worried about is on the hub shell. I'm not worried about the bearing cages. I did pull the parts out of the solvent and I think I will be okay.
I have modded a Bendix 70 hub before. Check out my 2016 ORBO bike Klunk This! I will be doing the same for this build.

JA331

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
The bearing race I'm worried about is on the hub shell. I'm not worried about the bearing cages. I did pull the parts out of the solvent and I think I will be okay.
I have modded a Bendix 70 hub before. Check out my 2016 ORBO bike Klunk This! I will be doing the same for this build.
sorry, meant the cages.

GuitarlCarl

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
Haha! I like your tank. Very much like the one I'm working on for my Spaceliner. I think it was from a Freightliner too. Mine had a couple small tabs i trimmed off so it'd fit around the head tube better. I won't be using any bezel either.

GC

hammer mechanic

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
Haha! I like your tank. Very much like the one I'm working on for my Spaceliner. I think it was from a Freightliner too. Mine had a couple small tabs i trimmed off so it'd fit around the head tube better. I won't be using any bezel either.

GC
Yeah, mine doesn't have the right tabs either. My frame was made for the 7 style tank. Not gonna pony up for one of those. Hopefully mine will clean up good enough.

GuitarlCarl

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
Yeah, mine doesn't have the right tabs either. My frame was made for the 7 style tank. Not gonna pony up for one of those. Hopefully mine will clean up good enough.
I can't even find a #7 tank... I have heard some versions of the girls Spaceliner have the same tank. I'm still looking.

Carl.

hammer mechanic

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
Next round of musical forks.
I finally tried the rat trap. I don't think it fits my "vision", whatever that is.
P5130001 (2).JPG

After that, I decided that sacrifices had to be made:
P5150017.JPG

I boosted the fork and wheels from the girls spaceliner.
P5150013.JPG

I like the rigid fork with the truss setup. I think it works with the rear rack.
I tried this guard just for fun.
P5150015.JPG

I think the Monark guard, Schwinn rack and girls Spaceliner fork/truss rods make the final cut. Bars, wheels and seat are just placeholders.
P5150018.JPG

Reaction score

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Reaction score
I'm liking this fork, or at least this style fork. The rat trap look big and klunky compared to it. I'll have to see how things go when I get the 26" wheels built.

Have you thought about trying to find a 26/27 chrome road bike fork. They made a few back in the 70s 80s

kingfish254

Pro Member
Reaction score

kingfish254

Pro Member
Reaction score
I can't even find a #7 tank... I have heard some versions of the girls Spaceliner have the same tank. I'm still looking.

Carl.

The girls liners tanks may look similar, but the don't fit the angle of the frame even remotely close.

Latest posts