KCI's Recent Acquisitions

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up a few bikes today, going back tomorrow to get a couple more.
20210706_161149.jpg

Several mixte.
Just two, a Univega and a Peugeot. The rest are reg'lar step-through and there are two British ISO 590 bikes in that realm. One Raleigh and a Nottingham Hercules like the one I did a custom resto for my daughter with. Stupidly light bikes made with fine British Steel.

I just found out that going back will be on hold until next week. There is plenty to keep me busy until then.

Just got word, going back Friday to continue the pillage. The homeowner is in the early stages of getting the property ready to flip and it will be mobbed with work trucks the next couple of days. I'm wondering if I should charge *him* to clear out so much brush from that jungle of a yard. The Peugeot mixte had to be pried from a small tree's trunk that grew around it. If there were Black Palms growing back there, I'd be convinced that I was back in Panama.

Bring em home, boss!
Almost all of it after getting a call that said yesterday was clear for picking them up.
20210715_095433.jpg

There are a couple more frames and wheels left, supposed to pick them up Saturday. The Bungle in that Backyard Jungle was harsh, but worth it. The last of yesterday's trips was completed just as a thunderstorm dropped a bunch of rain.

That might last you a year or two...

I made a new connection today, older fella, not quite as extensive as that, but good stuff. He was trying to push every old CCM on me after the littleuns leaked about my problem to him.
Never bring a 5 year old to negotiations.

Last edited:
Almost all of it after getting a call that said yesterday was clear for picking them up.
View attachment 164738
There are a couple more frames and wheels left, supposed to pick them up Saturday. The Bungle in that Backyard Jungle was harsh, but worth it. The last of yesterday's trips was completed just as a thunderstorm dropped a bunch of rain.

Whatcha got in that pile for an east coast 6'2, 200# watt monster to crush flat pavement? :bigsmile:

Whatcha got in that pile for an east coast 6'2, 200# watt monster to crush flat pavement? :bigsmile:
I have a Kool Lemon Yellow 63cm 1974 Schwinn Le Tour frameset that's not in that pile and has the paint restored already.

There are at least a half-dozen Schwinn Electro-Forged diamond frames of various sizes and vintage from the 50's-70's from what I can tell so far. Probably ten step-through e-f Schwinns and a few Taiwan Schwinn diamonds and step-throughs.

Latest posts

Back