Murdered Out Roadmaster - done as she's gonna get pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Murdered Out Roadmaster - update 6/27

stretch said:
try going to ace hradware, aco hardware, home depot, or lowes. they'll probably have it. if not google a local metal shop. :)

Already tried all those, one hardware place had it but the pieces were too small, believe it or not looks like the best source may be perforated bun pans used for baking.

are you looking for a fine perforation?

hm.. i think you should try pizza pans. the ones made out of that mesh. they're pretty fine. i work at a jet's pizza, so i would know. maybe i could snag a broken one and ship it out to you! :lol: :wink:

its lookin pretty good, i dig the whole murdered out thing

i almost did that with a murray i had, but i stormtroop'd it instead

ShedderTony said:
its lookin pretty good, i dig the whole murdered out thing

i almost did that with a murray i had, but i stormtroop'd it instead

Yeah really liking the look myself, surprising how hard it is to round up suitable black stuff though.

Well started on the tank and headlight bracket, self etching primer and balck epoxy half coated.

IMG_1287.jpg
IMG_1288.jpg

Think I have a source for the perforated tank inlays, reataurant supply place

Re: Murdered Out Roadmaster - mini update 7/8

JoeyMac said:
digging the blackout look. you could be in full ninja mode with that one.

Thanks! Just a bit of progress but I think I have everything I need to finish lined up now. Started screwing around with a 3-piece BMX crankset taken off a bike that I've tried to make work before but they always seem too wide for cruiser BB shells, can't get the cups all the way in with the spacer there and yet too much of the splined ends stuck out, same on this frame.

IMG_1295.jpg

Started rummaging thru the parts pile and found that an old 2-piece DB BMX spindle that works with unsealed cups worked

IMG_1294.jpg
IMG_1296.jpg

Also got the perforated sheet pan in, will try to cut to shape, paint with smoke clear, and inset to the tank where it's blued in the crappy pic below, hopefully give it a grille look of sorts. Tank still needs a couple of coats of clear but it's been real humid here lately, so I've been holding off on final paint, but time is running out.

IMG_1299.jpg
IMG_1113_2.JPG

Re: Murdered Out Roadmaster - probably out 7/25

I just buggered the tank while doing the final clear coats, got a blast from the can that immediately ran, tried to get it quick with some lacquer thinner but the reustoleum appliance epoxy immediately krinkled. Thought that stuff would be more resilient, the Duplicolor self-etch primer underneath seemed to handle it. Anyway with the amount of time left, I don't think I'll be able to finish on time.

Re: Murdered Out Roadmaster - probably out 7/25

Well, this is as far as she's gonna get for this RRBBO deadline, still re-working the tank

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

Latest posts

Back