Rad Rot Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PICK MY RAD ROT BIKE 2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The poles are closed and it looks like the clear winner is X-53*!!!

Thanks to everyone for playing along!

*I'll be counting the mail-in votes in the middle of the night tonight so don't write off the Schwinn just yet! :bandit: :13:
IMG_3281.JPG

I'll be counting the mail-in votes in the middle of the night tonight so don't write off the Schwinn just yet! :bandit: :13:
The Schwinn will be reinstated in October following expert audits. In the meantime, get that sweet X rolling!

The Schwinn will be reinstated in October following expert audits. In the meantime, get that sweet X rolling!
The Associated Press has declared Schwinn Phantom the Rad Rot Bike elect.
Phantom seal.jpg

I knew the Chicago fix was in. I bet that the "Phantom" got all of his dead friends to write in ballots. :D

1627395839518.png

Last edited:
***OFFICIAL ANOUNCEMENT FROM TRM***

Last night we witnessed the vote count significantly jump in favor of Schwinn Phantom after a pause in the counting. When the polls closed, X-53 was ahead by a very comfortable margin of 16 to 5. As of today, after the mail-in votes where tabulated, Scwhinn Phantom surged ahead by a margin of 81,282,916 to X-53's 15 with X-53 actually loosing one vote.

I am categorically refusing to accept that the mail in votes suddenly propelled Schwinn Phantom ahead so dramatically and seemingly out of nowhere. So until the votes are certified I will be working on X-53. #stopthesteal

social media DISCLAIMER.jpg

Last edited:
.....we love to see the details...:cool:.
Here's one for you Chad.
I'm no X-53 expert, but I've been told that these little end caps are kinda rare to find still intact after 60+ years!

end cap.jpg

Last edited:
Here's one for you Chad.
I'm no X-53 expert, but I've been told that these little end caps are very rare to find still intact after 60+ years!

That's excellent! The PB tip was a great detail as well. I assume your doing a basic "ratsto" with minimal modifications? The back part of that rack really reminds me of a lawn chair.

Great to see something in front of the old corrugated wall.

I assume your doing a basic "ratsto" with minimal modifications?
Yes! I'm leaving the original patina but cleaned up and throw some different tires and wheels on it to make it ridable. If there's time left I was thinking about possibly doing something with the reflector.
100_6130.JPG

Tried out some fat tires today. I'm liking how they fill up the fenders.
IMG_3290.JPG

Also got the chain and the kickstand off. The kickstand bolt was rusted solid and it broke. I hope that's not a sign of things to come with the rest of the bike.

Last edited:
Hmmm, interesting idea....I wonder where that came from? :wink1:

Latest posts

Back