"RATS-ALT"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"RATS-ALT"

Now that's how to rake a fork. Definitely following this one. Your builds are beast.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
will the riding pictures look something like this?

bear1.jpg

Ha!!!

Bike looks great!!

I guess for the newer members I should show where the forks came from..Here's start to finish.
They were made for another bike, decided to use them on this.

002-16.jpg

004-13.jpg

003-16.jpg

Supports from a spaceliner rear rack.
001-47.jpg

Finished.
014-2.jpg

Definitely would not be a BuildOff without a slammed bike from you. Gonna build some truss rods for it? :wink:

Thanks for the kind words....My bikes SLAMMED, no, everybody else's bikes are to high! Mine are normal. :roll:

Well so far, so typical. I'm using the seat from the build off two years ago. Things are just sitting in place, but that's where they'll go. Banana seat will sit about a half inch above rear tire, still have to cut old mounting tabs off. Have to make a wedge seat post. Will bolt right through the front of the seat. I want the seat as low as possible. Had a Stingray chainguard hanging around. Got it all RED hot with a torch, can't tell by the pics, but it blued nicely....Oh yeah! That's NOT a sissy bar, that's a ROLL bar. :roll: One last thing..My bikes always have apes, preferably with a banana seat. Well we gots the seat, but.....

015b.jpg

I wasn't gonna post this pic today. But I might as well get it over with....I'm tellin ya if you KEEP looking at it....It'll GROW on you......I said WILD, I said DANGEROUS. I meant it. It's not a cruiser. Not a bar hopper. It's a salt flats suicide machine....There will be riding pics, SOMEONE'S gonna ride this. It may be at gun point, but someones gonna ride it! :lol:

THERE AIN'T NOTHING LIKE THE SMELL-O-SALT, IN THE MORNING

Rat Fink says: KARBONE FFFFIBER!
020b.jpg

Re: "RATS-ALT" (update numero deuce)

Mad Bull. Looks wild and mean.

Carbon? a build off first. I had an idea for some carbon that may be implemented,so you may not be the only one. :wink:

Bending backwards the banana bars would make the bike look even longer, and lower... 8)

I'm not "feeling" the banana seat and low bars. SCHINNRAY69 PM'd me about apes. So here's a shot with 16inch apes........I really, really like it. But it looks like a very typical build of mine. Trying to do something different, there's the second and third pics...............I would appreciate opinions of which direction to go (not that I'll listen :lol: )
002-43.jpg

Started to mock a seat post. I think the seat should be "tipped forward a little more.
003-19.jpg

009-8.jpg

Latest posts

Back