"RATS-ALT"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "RATS-ALT" (FINAL mock up)

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I love it Larry :mrgreen: I kinda doubt you would be able to ride it comfortably but it is COOL :shock:
Nick this bike would be perfect for you....If I put a straight fork on it, the position of your hands and feet wouldn't change. Granted you'd wouldn't be leaning forward so much, but it also has "smaller" crank arms, so your knees don't go up so high. If someone is comfortable riding a board track style bike, they should be "almost" as comfortable on this bike. :wink: ...Maybe I can get YOU to ride it for the final pics. :lol:

I'd ride it for ya :mrgreen: I'd attempt to ride it with those forks :lol: Any idea for paint or keep it bare :?:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I'd ride it for ya :mrgreen: I'd attempt to ride it with those forks :lol: Any idea for paint or keep it bare :?:
I have a paint scheme in mind, but I'll wait a couple of weeks before I do anything.

This is just my opinion, but it seems if you "tighten" the front slightly more than normal, the negative trail is a lot easier to handle.
I've also noticed that WIDE bars make it easier.....These are my personal observations, anyone doing a fork like this should do there own testing. :roll:

That makes me want to ride it even more :mrgreen: Can't wait to see what you come up :D

Re: "RATS-ALT" (update #3)

KOTA said:
...There's still some more work to do, one more thing to fabricate...

ONE more thing to fabricate huh? I wonder were you're going to mount those homemade apehangers...
:mrgreen:

But seriously KOTA, that bike is off the hook. AGAIN.
I'm really contamplating buying a pipebender...

I'd love to see you do a bike for 'big people', KOTA-style. Using a 28" and a 26" wheel and a slightly bigger frame.
8)

I hope you're not stuck on those bars because i just found some inspiration for something highly comfortable for someone else to ride
handlebars1.jpg

herr_rudolf said:
I'd love to see you do a bike for 'big people', KOTA-style. Using a 28" and a 26" wheel and a slightly bigger frame.
8)
Thanks herr-rudolf..Instead of doing that, I should get my other knee replaced, and drop 60lbs. :lol:

stocksucks said:
You nailed it man.
It looks awsome. Really inspiring.
I'm still thinking about that seat though...
Keep rollin'

Thanks! As far as the Squirrel seat, It's pretty hard to make a "Bed Pan" look cool.

Brentley said:
I hope you're not stuck on those bars because i just found some inspiration for something highly comfortable for someone else to ride

Brently, I am stuck on those bars. This is the first bike I did with dropped bars. I LOVE apes, and I have every size you can think of, but on this bike I like the look now.

stocksucks said:
Is the front wheel 26"?
Rear 26"....Front 24"....Fork 27"

KOTA said:
herr_rudolf said:
8)
Thanks herr-rudolf..Instead of doing that, I should get my other knee replaced, and drop 60lbs. :lol:

Knee-replacements, diets... that's cool with me.
As long as you keep us entertained with a funny buildthread. :mrgreen:

Way to go KOTA, you got it now.
Colour scheme? It´s just perfect as it is! :wink:

Gdcast said:
Way to go KOTA, you got it now.
Colour scheme? It´s just perfect as it is! :wink:
I might have my 13 yr old grand daughter do the final pics, so it might be PINK and gray primer.

Pink it was love at first sight
Pink when I turn out the light, and
Pink gets me high as a kite
And I think everything is going to be all right
No matter what you do with the bike!
:lol: :lol: :wink:

:D
I just love this bike man
It seems to be moving allways...
I'd choose another song: Built for Speed
"Well I'm cruising low and I'm cruising mean,
Well I'm cruising slow in my dream machine
You're my hot rod mama
And you're really built for speed"
Stray Cats rule!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cut the supports from another spaceliner rack, To"match" the front fork supports. Just taped in place to get the right length and angle.....Actually I got this idea from herr_rudolf's illustration of the Rust Rocket.....But because there's an OCEAN between us, I know he won't be knocking at my door anytime soon. :roll:

002-45.jpg

Re: "RATS-ALT" (REAR rack?)

I'm also terrible at sending bills and lawyers and what not... So go right ahead. :wink:
I'm probably not the first to come up with a wheel-through-rack idea, and it would be a shame if I'd be the last.
The bike is getting better everytime you post a pic. Don't stop now!

Hope somebody will have fun riding the threads off of it. 8)

Back