Schwinn Drop Out - Finished, just need to take some pics.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've decided to take another shot at my Schwinn Collegiate for this build-off. Same name, but a slightly different approach.

EDIT:
So the design inspiration (theme, stepping-off-point, whatever) for this bike are those drag/show bikes of the early '60s. Super low and skinny with de-tabbed, molded frames and candy/flake paint. Polished aluminum and magnesium parts with polished stainless fasteners. Limited chrome, because steel is heavy. Drag slicks and tall skinny front wheels on spool hubs.
Because it takes lots of work to keep something this simple. I'm shooting for pure style and attitude, virtually geegaw-free.

Last edited:
Cool video and I really like the new forks with that frame.
You always get the sexy accessories too. Triangle light is killer.

Cool video and I really like the new forks with that frame.
You always get the sexy accessories too. Triangle light is killer.
Yeah, unless I come up with some kind of fairing/upper fork shroud, the triangle light will get a simple LED/battery/switch install and mount between those triple clamps. I've got a bunch more stuff squirreled away, but not that really will apply to this bike.
Nice video and great bike. If that girder's in your way I think I have a space for it!

Good luck, Rg

Nah, I think that girder is going to get a frame built to go along with it this winter, and I think that I know just the custom builder that I'd like to pay to make it.

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-1_19-27-14.png
    upload_2016-5-1_19-27-14.png
    487 KB · Views: 291
A picture is worth a thousand words...! Looks great Dave!

Like the low laid back look . Think you have a good plan .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back