Schwinn Roadster Rat Tricycle "the Wagon is here"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After much insperation from jgoodwill I decided to rat out a tricycle for my nephew.Im going to lower it,rake the front,satin black the frame,redo the fenders,paint the wheels red,white wall the tires,and make him a junior rat to roll around on.I might not be done by x mas but I wont see him for a week so I should have time 8) :mrgreen:
IMG_20111223_172408.jpg
IMG_20111223_172429.jpg
IMG_20111223_172442.jpg
IMG_20111223_172350.jpg
IMG_20111223_172457.jpg

Re: Schwinn Roadster Trike "Inspired by Jgoodwill"

sick! i have afew old ones hanging on my wall, need to get some new wheels and flip the green one so it sits on the ground. another project for another day :mrgreen:

Here is a wagon I got on ebay ,im going to lower it and use it for a trailer! 8) :mrgreen:
wagon.jpg

Sweet, I'll be watching :wink:

Made a little progress on the trike 8) :mrgreen:
merikstrike.jpg
merikstrike2.jpg
merikstrike3.jpg

this is the second awesome kiddie trike that has been posted in a long while witch i am stoked about cause my niece is around the trike riding age and my daughter is not to far behind so it is giving me lots of ideas on what to do for them..... great job and thanks for the ideas i can't wait to see it all together....

Thanks guys! The script is burned in the wood ,it had faded so I touched it up I still need to varnish it though 8) :mrgreen:

Very nice bud! really want to see how this one turns up, I´m sure it´ll be great!

Jgoodwill ,you sure did!! :mrgreen: Here are the wheels and tires I finished this afternoon 8) :mrgreen:
merikstrike4.jpg

Re: Schwinn Roadster Rat Rod Tricycle "Inspired by Jgoodwill"

I got some work done,I made 3' drop brackets for the rear,Raked the front forks a bit,made a seat pan,and made some brackets for the forks to accept a regular front eheel.I realized he is only 7 months old so I better make it grow up with him.Now he can push it around like a balance bike and switch to the pedal wheel when hes ready.So heres a mach up ,I still need to finish welding,Grinding and painting and I cant decide on covering or painting the seat.I tried to use the fenders a couple different ways and it just looks better without them so im not sure about using them....
merikstrike9.jpg
merikstrike5.jpg
merikstrike10.jpg
merikstrike8.jpg
merikstrike6.jpg
merikstrike11.jpg

Re: Schwinn Roadster Rat Rod Tricycle "Almost Finished"

Its almost finished,just waiting for the wagon to show up and get the seat pan covered.I need a good pin striper....heres the trike about done.. 8) :mrgreen:
merikstrike12.jpg
merikstrike13.jpg
merikstrike16.jpg
merikstrike15.jpg
merikstrike14.jpg
camera-Sophia.jpg
camera-Sophia1.jpg

Awsum buddy, that thing is Rad all right!
My niece loves the bell ring on her Tricycle you know :wink:
...and I think a nice head light would be killer too.
Cant wait to see the trailer...

Fatboy the trike is Awesome! maybe I should dig out my sons trike from 35 years ago and do it up for the grandson as the Jr Rat will take a little time befor he grows into it. Can't wait to see the wagon.

That's sweet! :D

Thanks guys!!!!I couldnt find the lil dinger brass bell I was looking for so I put on this chrome horn I hope he likes it!!! 8) :mrgreen:
merikstrike17.jpg
merikstrike18.jpg

Im sure his parents liked it they were surprised to say the least,but when he saw me he got scared and cried :lol: Anyway I knew he was to young but I figured he could grow into it 8) :mrgreen:
camera1.jpg
camera-Sophia2.jpg

Latest posts

Back