Sweet Marie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DearestHonorableHerring-size_restricted.gif

Great job. Let's get it finished I have a long weekend bring it over or I'll go there and yell at you till it's done.
Sweet Marie had read about "Dr Ingola's Miracle Spa for old CCMs". She was especially curious about the oil massage treatments. A handsome gentleman she'd seen around town was positively glowing after his visit

Rea
Sweet Marie had read about "Dr Ingola's Miracle Spa for old CCMs". She was especially curious about the oil massage treatments. A handsome gentleman she'd seen around town was positively glowing after his visit
I brought you the home kit all you have to do is look in the bag

I hope she finishes her spa day in time for the closing ceremony

I hope she finishes her spa day in time for the closing ceremony
Change can be scary sometimes. Sweet Marie was trying out things to see what would fit her new look, but some of the stuff that they were wearing nowadays were a little bit extreme
IMG_20220904_170626_01.jpg
IMG_20220904_173131_01.jpg

It was all very tiring

Last edited:
Breaking News: Woman Found Dead in Suburban Garage
CornTown Police say that while investigating a noise complaint at a local residence, they uncovered a grisly scene. The remains of an woman were found in the garage. Identification has proven difficult, due to the condition of the victim. The body had been dismembered and stored in various locations around the property. There are indications that she may have been prepared for some type of macabre artistic presentation. Investigators found totes, buckets, gloves, cleaners and preserving agents. Further evidence has been uncovered indicating that this was not the first victim, and there may be more discoveries in the future. The investigation is ongoing. If you have any information please leave an anonymous tip on the hotline.

Breaking News: Woman Found Dead in Suburban Garage
CornTown Police say that while investigating a noise complaint at a local residence, they uncovered a grisly scene. The remains of an woman were found in the garage. Identification has proven difficult, due to the condition of the victim. The body had been dismembered and stored in various locations around the property. There are indications that she may have been prepared for some type of macabre artistic presentation. Investigators found totes, buckets, gloves, cleaners and preserving agents. Further evidence has been uncovered indicating that this was not the first victim, and there may be more discoveries in the future. The investigation is ongoing. If you have any information please leave an anonymous tip on the hotline.
I have info need the number

Sorry people, I had a better ending planned for this story, but I just couldn't get it to the finish. It was going to be an uplifting tale of self affirmation and acceptance. She was building confidence, learning to love herself. She was even planning a risque photo shoot, with plans to discreetly share the photos with Canadian Metal. There were even a few tricks up her sleeve, a few little details remaining, like the vintage CCM bell, 60s Schwinn wire rack, and a set of trusses to sexy it up a bit. Unfortunately, I was foiled by tires. I didn't want to drop the $150ish for a set of vintage Canadian sized tires for a bike that will hardly get ridden. I hoped to make some 28s fit, (THEY LOOK SO GOOD ON THE SMALL FRAME!!) but they rubbed everywhere in every combination I had available. I tried a set of alloy 26s, (looked kinda dumb, too modern for the ol' girl) but the axles didn't fit. I wasn't about to modify the fork for a "one day only" build just to get it done. After I broke two old tire levers, and bent the heck outta some silverware, I decided it was time to give up. I still enjoyed myself, learned a bunch about CCMs, learned the linseed oil process, got some polishing experience, and made progress on the bike. I will eventually get her there, the fenders will be cleaned and shined up, and I'll probably use the odd sized original wheels. If she's destined for the garden, I'll use the old tires, if Ms Dice plans to ride it, I'll pony up for some overpriced Dunlops.
I also must extend another shout out to @ingola , most of the shine on this bike comes from him. The trusses, bell, stack of 28 tires and wheels, all the cleaners, polish, wax, linseed, and advice came from him. Unfortunately, he wasn't up to the Sisyphean task of getting me to work. Thanks a million for the effort, buddy, I have a truckload of stuff to return to you. Also thanks to the mods and admin for making it all happen, another great Build Off experience!
IMG_20220905_121137957.jpg
IMG_20220905_121132313.jpg
IMG_20220905_121013844.jpg

Here's the pile o tires that didn't work:
IMG_20220905_120018214.jpg

The axle that didn't fit:
IMG_20220905_120010491.jpg

The mangled equipment:
IMG_20220905_120006989.jpg

And here is as far as we got.
IMG_20220905_120227247.jpg
IMG_20220905_120425309.jpg
IMG_20220905_120412983.jpg

Here's how she looked with the long legs :inlove: :
IMG_20220904_173200_01.jpg

I really like the look, wish I could have made it work.
Proof that I left it to the last possible minute, here's the dying gasps of daylight a day before deadline. An instant later mosquitoes made it impossible to exist:
IMG_20220904_195134_01.jpg

See youzeguyz next year!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back