What is burning man???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ratfink1962 said:
50,000 people @ average ticket price of $350 each = $17,500,000 :shock:

That's a lot of money, you don't suppose they burn that too??? :lol:

seriously... wondering where the money goes?
Neon,and sheet metal it seams.

$350 a ticket to sweat your butt off in the desert, be surrounded by drunk naked hippies, and watch people set fire to stuff? No thanks.

outskirtscustoms said:
$350 a ticket to sweat your butt off in the desert, be surrounded by drunk naked hippies, and watch people set fire to stuff? No thanks.

What he said, though he said it nicer than I would have. :lol:

If it was free or like $10-$20 a ticket I'd give it a shot just to see the weird bicycles, fire, and naked chicks. :mrgreen:

CRASH said:
It's commecialized anti-establishment. Anti-capitalism that makes a profit. Like the Occupy movement that was so against big corporations, but you couldn't attend without your iPhone/iPod/iPad. They want to be different like everyone else.

You know, the new American way.
"Individuality is all right, as long as we all do it together" Major Frank Burns

Bigcam59 said:
CRASH said:
It's commecialized anti-establishment. Anti-capitalism that makes a profit. Like the Occupy movement that was so against big corporations, but you couldn't attend without your iPhone/iPod/iPad. They want to be different like everyone else.

You know, the new American way.
"Individuality is all right, as long as we all do it together" Major Frank Burns

back when I rode Harleys, my friend would say we were "individual conformists" whenever we were at an event and in a sea of people wearing nearly identical gear.

and someone I knew said once (in a conversation about the rockabilly culture)... "I don't want to do anything where I need a uniform".

It's funny how when folks try not to conform there's always 1000 people lined up behind them ready to copy....ha ha. :lol:

No way I would pay that much and I am surprised because what true hippie would even bother paying for something.

Nonconformist complaining about conformist while conforming.

And to think, it started with a guy breaking up with his girl friend :shock: .....so much for FREE expression

LOL, well I guess we know what you know about hippys ... espicaly the old ones
May he who has never sinned cast the first rock ya know lol.
I would hate to enlighten ya but there were some pretty smart old hippys.... It was a Quote "Old Hippy" that Invented Apple Products. His Name was Steve.

His Company is now I think the Richest in the WORLD I think I just read.
Put that in your smoke & pipe it .

Are you a Hippy Hater lol.
Just Saying , I would never judge a book buy its cover. It could get you in trouble some day.

Burning Man is a place were people go to Relax Unwinde & Have Fun Trust me, You will find all kinds there not just someones bad keyboard concept of what a Hippy is ok. .
Im sure you could get STD's & Drugs rite here on my own block ..... Why would I spend 300.00 dollars a ticket for that when I could have either here at home in my neighborhood for free.
The burning man is something differnt to everyone that attends.
If you have to know anymore than that about the festival, you will proabbly never get it & proably should attend first before passing any judgment on the party.

Its been my experiance that an open mind works best.
That beeing said, I would rather spend my $$$ on a 10 day Mexican Cruise with my Favorite 2 Bikes & my OLD HIPPY wife ... Fish Tacos & Ice Cold Pacificos on a nice Quiet Beach , with my toes in the sand warm waves lapping at my toes somewere between Puerto Valarta & say Cabo San Lucas ya know.
Moral of the Story here ..... No matter were you decide to go try & have some fun & give the OLD Hippy thing a rest ok. You will have more fun that way .... Trust me.
My Concervitve Views here ok.

I learned enough about Hippies, fight for your rights but at least try to do it while making sure you don't hurt others rights which didn't happen too much with because all they cared about is themselves and were a part of destruction of the environment leaving litter all over the ground everywhere they went.

I know some people online at some of the forums I go to who went to Vietnam who were just making sure hippies even had a way to have any rights then got spit on as they came home, Hippie say they were non-violent yet a lot didn't act that way.

A lot of hippies became greedy too if Steve Jobs is a hippie, Sorry Rat Rod but I did like Apple in the 1980's and was great back then wanting to give people a computer in their home that were real good computers but in the 90's Apple became nowhere near what they started for to me.

Samsung & Apple is an example.

Oh and the guy on Yahoo Answers that calls himself Old Hippie is mean, hurtful and rude to people who ask & answer questions and says a lot of the bikes all the members here would love to have are junk and not worth anything yet I have seen a bike here go for $200 yet he says it's not even worth scrap value.

Hippies... non Hippies, I dont care. All I know is that browsing some of the pics, it is clear that the size, scale and detail of a lot of the pieces of art is just incredible! Just the logistics and engineering of transporting and assembling the pieces boggles the mind.

Then after its assembled, they burn it.

Amazing stuff for sure, I would feel totally out of place, but just observing the festivities would be a trip!

Being an artist Id love to see some of the things built for burning man and in a way can understand what the symbolism behind burning the stuff, but it would still be hard to see something you built get destroyed. As for paying so much to go it would be hard for me to put out that kind of money if it was just going to make some guys wallet even fatter, now if it went to art programs I could see paying to go

If you were there when it happened , then you know that you didn't care about being judged then
and you don't care now. The Burning Man deal is probably fun. Total freedom always is. The bad part
about it is ,I would love to go , but something about the desert stops me. Maybe age too. :wink:

Latest posts

Back