What is burning man???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have heard lots of buzz lately about burning man, thousands of people, expensive tickets! Is it just a huge week long party?

A friend has been twice and came back with some wayyyyy out-there stories. Interesting event to say the least.

It's commecialized anti-establishment. Anti-capitalism that makes a profit. Like the Occupy movement that was so against big corporations, but you couldn't attend without your iPhone/iPod/iPad. They want to be different like everyone else.

You know, the new American way.

I heard about it before but looks dumb especially that burning fire part, wasting bikes for the arch in that picture is just plain wrong and instead of doing that then how about giving those bicycle to me or someone else who might need any of them for parts or ride.

Vintagebikebuilder said:
Do you get free bikes there? Looks as if nobody cares about them :mrgreen:

you can get free anything- free std's, free drugs...

seriously though, I think the barter system is encouraged.

My wife and many friends are Burners. Other than the tickets to get in, no money is exchanged once inside. It is ALL by barter.

People love their bikes there, as the rules are that if you do drive within, there is a 5mph speed limit. However, the desert environment is hard on bikes, and many people abandon them up there. There is a program that deals with them. They paint them, label them, and leave them up there as free-to-use loaners.

Your rite ! i do smell something Burning ! :lol: :lol:

IMG956003.jpg

I've heard that any of the mobile art pieces (art cars, big pedal cars, etc...) are considered public transportation and if there is room you have to give people rides, which is cool I guess.

Someone on here once posted photos of all the leftover bikes that they find homes for, kind of crazy.

Don't think that's for me to many naked men walking around an some had skirts on makes me think it's a convention just my 2cents

P.S be careful if you watch the video link there is some nudity

To me, (From what I've just watched) It looks like they built some cool stuff, And just burnt all of it. But I think it would be cool to try and drift with a bike out there! You probably could :mrgreen:

P.S be careful if you watch the video link there is some nudity

Oops,sorry guys. I didn't realise that, when I posted these links. :oops:
On this side of The Pond, it's no problem. So remove them, if you don't agree with their contents.
Again, I appologize if I offended anyone.

Rat Rod said:
I'd need too much Simple Green if I attended. :lol:
Might need something a bit stronger you might pick up something there that thinner won't get off. :lol:
I might have had a lot of fun there 20 years ago, just doesn't appeal to me now.

Back